AT&T Wireless Rebate Cards / scam and cheating!

AT&T Wireless prints the web site on their card so that you can check your balance. Guess what - go to that site and find NOTHING - no link if it has been moved - NOTHING. It is already a BS scam and now they don't want you to know how much you have left on the card so you cannot spend it.

There is already a class action in CA because they do this funny stuff with their DSL - sign me up for one on the wireless business as well.

Ji

Comments

• Ca
      27th of Nov, 2007

At least you have your card. I can't even get them to send mineю

• Lu
      8th of Aug, 2008

I agree and a lot of places I go it is denied. Just go ahead and use it without checking the balance. It will let the cashier know if there is not enough on it to cover purchase.

• Ir
      29th of Sep, 2008

I totally agree. I used to be able to check my balance, and then the site moved. That's not cool that the cashier will tell us if there's not enough funds...kind of embarrasing and I will never spend down the balance completely.

23rd of Nov, 2008

it took close to a couple of months but we got our gift cards in the mail. i had no trouble using them. and when the balance of the purchase was over the balance of the card, it only took what was left on the card and had me use a different method of payment for the rest of the balance.

• Go
      19th of Dec, 2008

THere is also a toll free number that you can call not only to check your balance, but to get a history of the transactions on the card as well.

2nd of Jul, 2009

Totally agree. This is a really bad business practice of AT&T Rebate card. Basically, AT&T wish you either forget about your rebate money or not to spend it. It makes so difficult to get the money for the company. It is totally a scam and cheating. Sham on AT&T

• Hi
      31st of Jul, 2009

I have received several rebate cards from AT&T (3 lines, 3 rebate cards each time (totalling SIX rebate cards)). ANd I have never had a problem. Each time there is the correct amount on each card and I have been able to use them any and everywhere.

The site I use to activate is att.com/wirelessrebatecard
    AT&T is a reputable company, maybe you were using the wrong website, or someone in your family had already drained the card?? WHo knows, but I have never had a problem and always found the cards useful. Im going to use a $50.00 card right now!!

• Ba
      28th of Aug, 2009

AT&T sucks first they make you jump through hoops to get the rebate. Then we use it once for an amount nowhere close to total and has been rejected everytime since. If I ever buy a phone from AT&T again I will demand the cash rebate if they won't I will buy it through Amazon they are cheaper any way.

• Do
      23rd of Nov, 2009

Mine's sitting here... now I need it and it is past due. The scam is the process. When you give me a rebate, send me a check!

Doug Livingston

• Ea
      26th of Dec, 2009

If you cannot use the balance on your card, you can take your card to the nearest AT&T store in your area and they will take care of the problem. I had the same problem. Rebates should not expire. It is unlawful for AT&T to do so.

• Rk
      13th of Sep, 2010

I do not appreciate these stupid cards. We give them cash, they should be made to give cash rebates. A person cannot get all the balance that is left. That is more money in their over priced items as it is.