AT&T / fraudulent practices

1 WA, United States Review updated:

I filed the following complaint with:

AT&T
FCC
Attorney General's Office
Better Business Bureau

I am SICK and tired of AT&T's underhanded practices...

I left AT&T because of past fraudulent practices. But AT&T bought out Cingular & I got stuck with them again. Lo'& behold AT&T is still up to their practices. 1) turning on features WITHOUT my authorization that I have implicitly blocked 2) charging me for the usage of said features. It is an ongoing monthly exercise of testing & checking to see if features have been turned on or charges have been inexplicably tacked on to my bill. I am in the process of an amicable divorce & the details of 15 years of marriage so lately I dropped the ball on babysitting this account. When I went to pay the bill this morning there were charges for $524.32! Upon calling AT&T I found out that INTERNET gateway was opened on my daughters phone June 1st WITHOUT my authorization. When my daughter saw the feature she thought I added unlimited. I have been so busy with the divorce she didn’t think to question it. I have filed a dispute but in my experience it will do no good. I want the ongoing fraud to stop!

Comments

• Th
      29th of Jun, 2009
    AT&T - they stole our minutes!
    Hoover
    Alabama

My daughter and i get 700 minutes a month. Usualy our bill consist of a $104.00 charge for both of us. This past month a charge came in for $387.74! You can imagine how shocking this bill comming in would be for me. Im a single, jobless, mother of two. We are fairly limmited. So I called the AT&T company and they said we had when over our minutes. On the AT&T website they have a "minutes detail" tab and you can sign up and see all of the minutes that you used. I looked at all of the minutes and i couldnt see where the minutes where comming from. however its there word agenst mine so i paid the bill and desided to keep up with our minutes from now on. I checked our minutes 2 days ago (6/26/09) and we both had 112 minutes to share. I told my oldest daughter to go easy on her anytime minutes because we only had 112 untill the 5th of July. The next day i checked the site and it said not only had we used our 112 minutes but we had also gone over 72 minutes! there was no way. I immediately called my daughter and asked if she had been on the phone, both her and her father told me her phone had been dead the whole day. so there was no way the minutes could have been used! i then checked the site and it said we had only used 12 minutes!!! i called the company as soon as i pulled it up and asked where all these extra minutes had come from and they had no explanation. AT&T no longer cares about any of there customers and is quick to chage you anywhere they can. Watch your billing.