ATT Uverse / super imposed advertising on tv

San Diego, CA, US Review updated:

I am a sometimes a happy but most times unhappy Att customer. The problem I'm having this time is Att decided to super impose advertising on the TV. What this is actually is a Dominoes pizza advertisement that comes up between the movie you are watching and you. It is very annoying and the customer is having trouble being able to dismiss this message and get it off the screen. You have to call tech support, and we all know what a nightmare that is. So I spent a hour and a half trying to find out if they plan on continuing this type of marketing. But as usual with Att I was not able to get a straight answer, but was told to call this area or that area. I did but still no one had the answer.
So I must assume that this is a marketing plan and will continue to use it. So I am now looking for a new provider of services.

Comments

• Xe
      Aug 12, 2009

I completely agree about the advertising, it's extremely annoying. I can usually get it off the screen but it's usually delayed and stays on a couple minutes before it finally goes away.

The only reason our household stays with U-Verse is because we're grandfathered into a deal and pay $20 less than what they offer now which adds up over time. But we've definitely had our share of problems with them.

• Kh
      Nov 11, 2009

for the most, i am unhappy with Att uverse. first i loose tv signal and internet service when it rains. I want to pay bill online sometimes but can't, when i try to talk to a customer service agent, i would get atitude from them or want to charge me a service fees for pay my bill. Most likely i will change my cable and dsl service with verizone or timewarner soon. I would rather have no service than go back to Att uverse again

• Ge
      Feb 03, 2010

PLEASE DISCONNECT MY UVERSE TV. AND INTERNET AS SOON AS POSSIABLE.
    YOUR COOPERATION AND SPEED WILOL BE GREATLY APPRICIATED.
    VERY TRULY YOURS.
    WAYNEG. JONES 586 BROOKPARK Dr.
    CUYAHOGA FALLS OHIO 44223
    PHONE [protected]

• Re
      Aug 20, 2010

I have had uverse for a few years, i really like the dvr because you can record 4 shows at once but that is the only benefit. when I first signed on, they told me they were giving me a $150.00 rebate and sent me $50. when I called them, they told me I misunderstood. I thought it was just me until I read these other complaints, meanwhile my serivce seemed to get pricier and with the economy the way it is, I called and asked them to cancel my tv service and just keep my internet on, they told me if I keep the basic cable (which I am paying over $40.00 a month for_not even cnn or tnt) that they would give me a $25.00 credit on my acct. for the next 6 months, I agreed but never saw that credit, when I ask about, they act like I imagined it. Now my finances are slightly better and I want cnn added to my service, so when i talked with them today, Im told it will be over $50 dollars so, whatever, I want it so I said ok, but after being on hold for 10min, they came back and said I need a credit card on file, I gave them my visa debit card number but, no it has to be a real credit card, and I have canceled all my credit cards and they refuse to upgrade my service without a credit card. whateva!!?? I love my dvr from them and dont want to lose the saved recordings I have on them but Im going back to time warner asap. o and another thing, theirs system goes down alot and you have to be the one to reboot everything! Im learning to be a electrical tech, if anything!

• Br
      Aug 24, 2010

I started noticing a distinct downgrading of customer service in 1991 from AT&T through their telephone service. I had them for my home and business for decades. It took three years of frustration with them before I finally gave them up for another carrier. Two years ago I wanted to give them another try at earning and keeping my business. This time I did not wait a full three years. Their customer service not only did not improve but got worse if you can believe it. This time it only took me 1 1/2 years before I felt like the fool and canceled all their services again.
    I understand that psychologically it is very difficult to switch from a company that you have been doing business with for years in hope that they will turn a new leaf and start to treat you better. This is known as the battered wife syndrome. Yes this does apply to other situations other then your marriage. This is what companies such as AT&T count on. They know you will eventually leave but they will try and get you to hold on as long as possible before you decide to drop their service. If you keep the service for anytime after you first call up to drop it, AT&T considers this a big win for them. Another words free money! Don't forget if they make an offer to you over the phone you have with thousands of others found out that it is not binding. You can request their offer in writing but will not get it.
    In the 70's and 80's we use to have AT&T come into our offices and train our employees on the correct dicipline for telephone customer service. They were geniuses at it. Again as stated above I noticed that AT&T stopped utilizing their own company policies about telephone customer care and never looked back.