AT&T / unethical behaviour and misrepresentation of product.

United States Review updated:
I called into your customer service to check on my data plan. I spoke with the representative about what there was to possibly upgrade my plan. She told me about the Unlimited Data plan. I asked her how much it would be and she quoted me the price of $145.00. I currently pay 133.30 for the 10gb plan. So I asked her if that was the price and she again said yes. So I told her that since it was only $12 more that I would upgrade to it. Never once did she say anything about any additional fees or taxes. I get my next bill and it shows a higher rate than what was quoted me. I called the customer service at that time and then they proceeded to tell me that my new rate would be $172. I told them that was not the price told to me and that it needed to get fixed. Nothing was resolved at that time so I asked for a supervisor. The representative told me that they would have to call back in 30 minutes. That was on 2-9-18. Today is 2-13-18 and I just got off the phone with them after spending 1 hour and 21 minutes with 3 different people. I made that call as no manager called me. I was told that the initial representative had told me a wrong amount as they should have explained about the added fees and taxes. I explained to each person that the representative never told me that and that I should have been given that price. Each person I talked to kept over talking me and did not resolve anything except that they were giving me a $100 discount on my next bill. The final person whose name was Sylvia (did not get the first two as I could not understand them) said that she could not help me due the fact that they can not change the amount of a plan because it was the marketing team that set these prices and that they could not alter the plan. I then asked to speak to her manager and she stated that he or she would only tell me the same thing and basically said that it would not do any good. I then asked for the corporate number and she said that I would have to get that from the manger. Then she told me that after conversing with her colleague's that there was no corporate office number. I was on the phone with her the whole time so I do not know when she had time to do this. I asked again to speak to her manager and she said that it would take 24 to 48 hours to get a call back. I asked for the name of the manager that would be calling me back and she gave me the name of Jessica or a Martin. I will be waiting for this call.
Feb 13, 2018

A  13th of Feb, 2018 by
First fact at&t is the worst they will lie and scam you all they can
And nothing is ever there fault
Let me guess you are in a contract now?
You should be able to change back to your previous plan as its not been long
Would try that
Personally I would go to a better provider (t-mobile or verizon much less)
And what they don't tell you is that your unlimited plan will throttle you (slow down a lot) once you reach a certain amount of use
Also the corporate office can careless as well, your just a atm to them (hence they hand over your info to nsa no questions asked)
As for supervisors and managers they are the same sill just repeat there script of non answers and basically careless

AT&T Logo AT&T