AT&T / u verse

In January 2017, before heading out of town for the months of Feb. and Mar., I called AT&T Customer Service to 1) change our Uverse plan, and 2) put our service on vacation hold while we were gone so that we wouldn't be billed for it. This was supposed to cost $17/mo. for those two months. I distinctly remember getting an email confirming these 2 changes. Lo and behold, now that we've been gone 1 1/2 months, I get a full bill for $219 for ZERO usage! First I did an online chat on March 19 with someone who had no clue what to do except tell me to pay the bill. Then I called Customer Service today (Mar. 20) and was told there was nothing they could do, so I asked for a supervisor. Got a "loyalty" specialist. He told me that although the notes on my account showed that I had indeed called in January and my plan had been changed, they only indicated that we had "discussed" a vacation hold but not followed through. How ridiculous is that? I'm going away for 2 months and I'm not going to specifically request the vacation hold ... which is $200 less that what I'm paying ... when I called??? The option I was given was to suspend the account as of now, but then it couldn't be put back in service again until 2 weeks after we would already be home. Unbelievable! The first thing I will do when I get home is look for another option to AT&T. This "loyal" customer has never missed paying a bill for years, but I must have imagined that I put the account on hold. I am outraged at this total oversight and lack of service, and I am no longer a loyal customer!

Mar 20, 2017