AT&T / u-verse billing complaint

1 Tullahoma, TN, United States Review updated:

I haven't had problems with AT&T until recently. I got the U-Verse service about 6 months ago and everything has gone great. Well, the economy took a rough toll on me recently and my bill got behind. I had a check bounce and was told that I had to pay a restoral amount of $356.30. We tried paying it with our other checking account but when the service was not restored, we called several times (getting cut off by the automatic system and transferred to wrong depts that eventually hung up on us) until we finally got through to someone telling us that the check was processing and if service wasn't back on in a few hours, then we were to call again. So we did. This time we were told that because the last check bounced, they were not able to accept another check. Ok, that was fine. Four customer service reps assured us that the check had been cancelled after we made a payment by credit card. Well, I checked my bank account today and sure enough, the check cleared. Now all the other checks written will bounce. Of course they are closed for the night and it took me over 30 minutes to find a way to contact an actual person who made a case on the account for me. I will see monday if they are going to credit my account and if it bounces, I am asking they pay the return check fee!

Comments

• La
      16th of Mar, 2010
    AT&T - Wrong Billing Practices
    Private residence
    Florida

I'm tired of AT&Ts billing practices. My phone bill for the billing period of Jan 7 - feb 7 was due on March 1, 2010. The payment was delayed and the phone was disconnected on March 15, 2010, 15 days after the billing date.. 15 days, without any notice. I have very ill parents at home who were left without a telephone connection, without any notice. I had to pay $30 for activation because I couldn't go without activating my line. AT&T is taking full advantage of people's misfortune. This company should be dissolved.