AT&T DSL Internet / at&t worst internet provider!!!

I could write a book on all the problems we have had with AT&T internet service for the past two years. We regret the day we switched from Comcast Cable. The service intermittently goes off constantly, being off more than it is on. Customer service does not know what they are doing. We have requested time and time again that someone come out and look at the lines. Finally someone came last week, left with it working, and five hours later, again no service. Hubby and I said "that's it!". We called Comcast and ordered service with them. No long wait, nor all the options, to get a person on the phone. We would never advise anyone to use AT&T. Unbelievable that a company this size has such poor service!

Comments

• Lu
      23rd of Jan, 2011

Well I have AT&T internet service and I haven't had much trouble with the service.

• Lu
      23rd of Jan, 2011

Well I been having AT&T internet services for 5 years and haven't had much trouble with them

• Tr
      22nd of Feb, 2011

I had AT&T service for some time with little or no issue with it working, I did not like how it functioned though is why I cacelled my service with them and went back to Comcast.
    When you have all three services with them you do not get the internet bandwidth, reason is your TV and internet share the same bandwidth. Example: if your family is watching tv and you are using the internet your internet bandwidth is almost cut in half. So you do not get the service or bandwidth you are paying for.

• St
      5th of Apr, 2011

ATT is the worst. If you have a business that replies on the internet, do NOT get ATT. It shuts off all the time. Want to connect a router? Forget it. It will fail every 30 minutes, slow down, shut off, and ATT will come out to inspect the lines and charge you $25 per 15 minutes, and when they leave, nothing changes. I am on hold with ATT right now to switch to comcast.

DSL technology is archaic. It's unreliable and teribley outdated technology. If comcast is available in your area, get them instead. You will regret ATT, I can guarantee that.

• Ho
      19th of May, 2011

I've been using ATT for a little over a year now, and I've gone through 3 modems (2 of which were ATT modems, one was a 2Wire), and I've had the same results. Internet speeds that are only 70% of what they should be, connections that keep dropping, all that kind of stuff. ATT ought to go shut themselves down and refund our money.