AT&T / customer service

I took delivery on an ATT trimline land line phone a week or two ago and upon receiving it immediately realized it wasn't what I needed because it does not have caller ID--my mistake.
I then called a phone number for (what I thought was) the local ATT office in Leominster, MA, and was told by the young woman who answered the call that I should bring the phone (in its unopened box) to the Leominster office for reimbursement. She specified that "It's better that you drop it off at one of our offices so it won't "get lost in the mail."
I delivered the phone to the Leominster office last week and was told by the lip-studded clerk that "we cannot accept anything ordered online."

Yesterday evening I called ATT for some sort of resolution to this iditocic runaround and, after a lengthy wait, got yet another yet another runaround--"somebody will call you in the next day or so..."

What is the problem here??? I simply want to return a phone--in its original unopend packaging--for credit.

Why does this simple act turn into an idiotic, mind-bending, bureaurcratic perfotmance?

I hope to get a serious answer and resolution about this within, say, five days. After which I will turn this matter over to the Consumer Protection Office of the MA Attorney General. I've had dealings with that office before and have had excellent results.

ALL I want from ATT is a return label to allow me to return this item for credit. My Reference # (& customer PO) is 3822577, on a packing slip dated 9/7/2018, shipped from Merchant Expo llc, 80 Micro Drive, Jonestown, PA 17038.

My address is 10 Edgell Avenue, Gardner, MA 01440.

Thnak you.

I hope.

Ha
Sep 22, 2018

Comments

• 9w
      22nd of Sep, 2018

you expect at&t to care? insert laugh
    you expect at&t to actually help? insert laugh