ATT / job offer rescinded

United States Review updated:
I have some personal news that i wanted to share with you, a cousin of mine applied for a position with att, went through the whole process of testing, interviewing, background check and drug testing. even got a job offer from the att staffing associate, my cousin was also given the starting date and how much was the salary.they even told my cousin to call the current work and give them a notice.my cousin quit the job and was getting all prepared to start at att.
well! 2 days after the election, someone from att staffing called my cousin and told my cousin that due to "business reasons" and decisions made from the top. the job offer is no longer valid and has been rescinded. you can imagine the horrible scenario, my cousin had quit the job my cousin was working at and now att annuled the job offer.this is so wrong because you can't play with people's lives like that. my cousin went through the WHOLE process and invested a month of time to test, interview and went through drug testing and background, and in a split second, they just decided that due to some reasons, they were just going to forego and take back the job offer and destroy people's lives like that!!! i'm very sure and positive that my cousin was not the only personn around the country applying for a job and got offered the position to later on have it rescinded.
to make matter worse, after hearing the crushing news, the att staffing associate apologized to my cousin saying that they were sorry and very embarrassed about the situation but it was out of their control and they had to call around and announce the bad news to everyone who were offered a job. my cousin called the previous company to get the job back and found out it was already filled.
having to feed a family of 4 with 2 small kids. my cousin was now jobless and morally and physically crushed.with no job and money coming in, and no unemployment benefit(since my cousin just quit the job. my cousin just commited suicide last thursday,
our economy is already in very bad shape and thousands and thousand of families are on the street, because of att's greed, they've not only put a family on the street but also took someone's live. i spoked to the spouse and there is definitely a lawsuit coming out of this. our whole family is completely shattered by this. GREAT JOB ATT!!! you have suceeded at putting more American families on the street
Da

Comments

De
  22nd of Dec, 2007
Was subscribed to ringtones that i didn't know I would be charged for because it stated that it was complimentary. I was charged 9.99 on two different days and I emailed back to unsubscribe and was canceled. I never received any ringtones but was charged twice.
Ma
  14th of Jan, 2008
I have not received the $50.00 rebate from ATT when I signed up for DSL. I talked with Vickie on 12-12-2007 at 1-800-283-2020. She said " Hector put it in system last week". I have not received it yet on January 14, 2008. Jenna did try to sell a dish for 34.99. Her e-mail is JW9286@att.net. It disgusts me what a company will do to their customers.
Da
  23rd of Jan, 2008
Keep on top of your rebate and don't let AT&T off the hook!!! They OWE you the rebate and I think that they play this little game because most people just forget about the rebate and never collect it.

I finally rec'd mine, after months of waiting and several phone calls to the rewards center. They had one excuse after another, but when I started to threaten with a law suit, we finally rec'd the check in the mail !!! It took almost 5 months, though!
Sh
  11th of Feb, 2008
I received a letter from the third party collections that my account is overdue by 60$. I contacted AT and T and asked what is going wrong because my account was supposed to be disconnected long ago but still they continued to charge me. Also I told that I received a collection notice as well. Customer service people are not trained at all. They kept on transferring me to some crazy extensions here and there. Finally at billing dept, they said they have send notice to collections to stop your account and also AT and T has to issue me a credit which will take 4 weeks (that means it will never be done). Now today I got a call again from the third party collections and I told them AT and T must have notified you to stop my account, but they said that nobody from AT and T contacted them. This is very annoying. I called AT and T again and did the same thing. Now lets see what happens.
My Email id is write2shweta@gmail.com
Li
  11th of Feb, 2008
ATT has continued to give me the run around about the rebate that I was offered. I was told when I called to inquire about DSL after they doubled the cost of dial up to strong arm those of us still holding out, that I woule receive a $100.00 rebate. After 2 months and nothing, I called back and was informed that there was no record of me being entitled to or offered the rebate. After telling them to come and get that modem,then the tune changed and I was given the rebate, then 2 days later I received a post card giving an apology but I was not entitled to the rebate because it had expired. I called back and again told them to come and get the modem, and again I was told that I would receive the rebate, but it may be 4-6 weeks. Well still waiting and I will give them the full 6 weeks and call again. We'll see who gives up first... probably will NOT be me!
La
  1st of Sep, 2008
Not only have I not received the rebates I was promised in June of this year when I signed with ATT, I recently had a csr tell me to go to a paticular web site and fill out a short questionaire. Hell, I can't even find the site. To call on the phone usually means another web site altogether, only after a usually very long wait. This is not what I was promised, so my thoughts are, make it right, or get it the hell outta my house.
Er
  12th of Sep, 2008
my name is erica ladell and on 9/12/2008 i call the at t reward center about and 50 rebate the i should have gotten but never did the at t web site told me that i wouldn't get one because my service wasn't on but the service was on it was on since 7/12/08 and the lady at the reward center angela is her name with her bad attitude told me that because i move thats the reason why wasn't mail and i tried to tell her that the lady that did my phone tranfer said that it would stop it then that when she got very loud and rude she began to talk over my and wouldn't listen to and thing i had to say i didn't like the customer service and at that time she almost made me tell her to turn my home phone, long distance and internet i have all theses things with your company and to have angela talk to me the way she did isn't right at all acting should be taking and i need someone to call are e-mail about this within 7 days are i will call and have my service dropped and i will never do business with att/bellsouth again my phone number is 318631743 and my name is erica ladell thanks
Na
  7th of Oct, 2008
We purchased an ATT cellular phone on December 18, 2007.I immediately sent in the rebate form and was suppossed to receive a $50.00 promotion card. I never received the card. ATT stated they sent the card but it has now expired so there is nothing they can do.
Va
  20th of Oct, 2008
I went to the Apple Store on Boylston St in Boston, MA. I was told by the employee there that I could purchase two IPhones, one for me, and the other for my daughter who lives in California. I was told that I could purchase two activated IPhones with 617 area codes and be on the family plan, and that my daughter could change the phone number to a preexisting California phone number at a California ATT store. When my daughter tried to change the number at ATT in California, she was told that she could not have her old California number and still be on the family plan. The only way they could give her old California number was to take her off the family plan and give her an individual plan.

This information completely contradicts the information provided by the Apple Store in Boston when the IPhones were purchased and constitutes a misrepresentation of a material fact upon which I relied.

I called ATT on three different occasions over the span of one month, and this matter has still not been resolved. Twice I was told that a supervisor would call me back, but I never heard from anyone. I also called Apple and was told that there was nothing they could do. I have been a customer of ATT for over nine years and I am outraged that they would be so unhelpful. Now I have two individual plans which are costing me an additional $1559.76 over two years, which is the length of the contract that I signed.
Ka
  27th of Oct, 2008
I was talked into switching my phone and computer services by an unsolicited call with the promise of rebates and low pricing. I am now paying almost double what I was with WOW and have gotten nothing but a runaround and empty promises from everyone I have talked to. They say the rebates keep coming back to them as undeliverable, but I have no problem getting junk mail and offers from them daily. To make matters worse, I have now been told because they have my bank info, they will continue billing me even if I cancel their service until a one year period has passed. Stay away from this company! If I did this to people I would be in jail!
Fr
  30th of Oct, 2008
You sent me something in the mail urging me to go to

There is no such site! Please advise what is correct.
Cy
  1st of Nov, 2008
I too attempted to log into the website provided to me by ATT for my recent order..."To thank you for your recent order that qualified you for an AT&T reward." I've done business with ATT previously, dropped them and forced to return because of lack of service providers in my area. This mailer and deadend email tell me it's business as usual with this conglomerate. Closing line in my letter from ATT..."It's all part of the new AT&T". Gee, thanks!
Pa
  7th of Nov, 2008
I was told if I updated my DSL to an even faster speed that I would be able to come to website www.att.com/rewardcenter and enter my area code and phone # I would be signed up for a $50.00 Visa gift card that I would receive within so many days. But this website does not have the form I needed to sign up for this card.
El
  10th of Nov, 2008
I also had the rep tell me about the reward center and got a mailer from them as well. I actually did go to redeem my reward, although I haven't gotten it yet. It is supposed to be mailed out on Nov 24th, so I'll check back with you guys then. Sorry things didn't work out for you like they were supposed to. Hopefully I won't be writing back saying the same things lol.
Do
  12th of Nov, 2008
When the two ATT reps signed me up for U-Verse they said I was going to be sent a $100.00 credit slip (reward). I never got it. I called and was told it was going to be sent but it took 4 weeks. I signed up on Sept. 11th or so. I still haven't received it. Is this some kind of a scam to get you to sign up and hopefully forget the reward? They don't forget to send a bill. I want my $100.00 credit.
Ba
  12th of Nov, 2008
Easy. Take them to small claims court.
Su
  5th of Dec, 2008
IF YOU WANT TO GET INTO ATT REWARDCENTER.COM FOR REBATES/INFOR...TYPE IN WWW.REWARDCENTER.ATT.COM / 6MONTHS I HAVE TRIED..Now I found out the correct website..This should be MOST HELPFUL to all who is havivg problems like me..
Di
  7th of Dec, 2008
I received an ATT rebate card for purchasing their DSL modem. I phoned and went on line and followed their directions. The site keeps telling me my numbers are invalid. Deal with ATT has been very frustrating to say the least!
Jo
  28th of Dec, 2008
i ALSO RECEIVED A FLYER TO GET gUITAR HERO VIDEO GAME FRO SIGNING WITH AT&t high speed internet. Unable to find the reward site.att.com/rewardcenter.
What a rip off. very disappointed with the company.
Ca
  7th of Jan, 2009
when we signed a two year agreement we were promise a 100.00 reward check or visa card and has not shown yet why

AT&T Logo AT&T