ATT / job offer rescinded

I have some personal news that i wanted to share with you, a cousin of mine applied for a position with att, went through the whole process of testing, interviewing, background check and drug testing. even got a job offer from the att staffing associate, my cousin was also given the starting date and how much was the salary.they even told my cousin to call the current work and give them a notice.my cousin quit the job and was getting all prepared to start at att.
well! 2 days after the election, someone from att staffing called my cousin and told my cousin that due to "business reasons" and decisions made from the top. the job offer is no longer valid and has been rescinded. you can imagine the horrible scenario, my cousin had quit the job my cousin was working at and now att annuled the job offer.this is so wrong because you can't play with people's lives like that. my cousin went through the WHOLE process and invested a month of time to test, interview and went through drug testing and background, and in a split second, they just decided that due to some reasons, they were just going to forego and take back the job offer and destroy people's lives like that!!! i'm very sure and positive that my cousin was not the only personn around the country applying for a job and got offered the position to later on have it rescinded.
to make matter worse, after hearing the crushing news, the att staffing associate apologized to my cousin saying that they were sorry and very embarrassed about the situation but it was out of their control and they had to call around and announce the bad news to everyone who were offered a job. my cousin called the previous company to get the job back and found out it was already filled.
having to feed a family of 4 with 2 small kids. my cousin was now jobless and morally and physically crushed.with no job and money coming in, and no unemployment benefit(since my cousin just quit the job. my cousin just commited suicide last thursday,
our economy is already in very bad shape and thousands and thousand of families are on the street, because of att's greed, they've not only put a family on the street but also took someone's live. i spoked to the spouse and there is definitely a lawsuit coming out of this. our whole family is completely shattered by this. GREAT JOB ATT!!! you have suceeded at putting more American families on the street

Da

Comments

• De
      Dec 22, 2007
    ATT - Unauthorized billing!
    ATT

Was subscribed to ringtones that i didn't know I would be charged for because it stated that it was complimentary. I was charged 9.99 on two different days and I emailed back to unsubscribe and was canceled. I never received any ringtones but was charged twice.

Jan 14, 2008
    ATT - Did not receive the DSL rebate!
    AT&T
    Ohio

I have not received the $50.00 rebate from ATT when I signed up for DSL. I talked with Vickie on 12-12-2007 at [protected]. She said " Hector put it in system last week". I have not received it yet on January 14, 2008. Jenna did try to sell a dish for 34.99. Her e-mail is [protected]@att.net. It disgusts me what a company will do to their customers.

• Da
      Jan 23, 2008

Keep on top of your rebate and don't let AT&T off the hook!!! They OWE you the rebate and I think that they play this little game because most people just forget about the rebate and never collect it.

I finally rec'd mine, after months of waiting and several phone calls to the rewards center. They had one excuse after another, but when I started to threaten with a law suit, we finally rec'd the check in the mail !!! It took almost 5 months, though!

• Sh
      Feb 11, 2008

I received a letter from the third party collections that my account is overdue by 60$. I contacted AT and T and asked what is going wrong because my account was supposed to be disconnected long ago but still they continued to charge me. Also I told that I received a collection notice as well. Customer service people are not trained at all. They kept on transferring me to some crazy extensions here and there. Finally at billing dept, they said they have send notice to collections to stop your account and also AT and T has to issue me a credit which will take 4 weeks (that means it will never be done). Now today I got a call again from the third party collections and I told them AT and T must have notified you to stop my account, but they said that nobody from AT and T contacted them. This is very annoying. I called AT and T again and did the same thing. Now lets see what happens.
    My Email id is [protected]@gmail.com

• Li
      Feb 11, 2008

ATT has continued to give me the run around about the rebate that I was offered. I was told when I called to inquire about DSL after they doubled the cost of dial up to strong arm those of us still holding out, that I woule receive a $100.00 rebate. After 2 months and nothing, I called back and was informed that there was no record of me being entitled to or offered the rebate. After telling them to come and get that modem,then the tune changed and I was given the rebate, then 2 days later I received a post card giving an apology but I was not entitled to the rebate because it had expired. I called back and again told them to come and get the modem, and again I was told that I would receive the rebate, but it may be 4-6 weeks. Well still waiting and I will give them the full 6 weeks and call again. We'll see who gives up first... probably will NOT be me!

• La
      Sep 01, 2008
    ATT - rebate
    Columbus
    Ohio
    Phone: [protected]

Not only have I not received the rebates I was promised in June of this year when I signed with ATT, I recently had a csr tell me to go to a paticular web site and fill out a short questionaire. Hell, I can't even find the site. To call on the phone usually means another web site altogether, only after a usually very long wait. This is not what I was promised, so my thoughts are, make it right, or get it the hell outta my house.

• Er
      Sep 12, 2008

my name is erica ladell and on 9/12/2008 i call the at t reward center about and 50 rebate the i should have gotten but never did the at t web site told me that i wouldn't get one because my service wasn't on but the service was on it was on since 7/12/08 and the lady at the reward center angela is her name with her bad attitude told me that because i move thats the reason why wasn't mail and i tried to tell her that the lady that did my phone tranfer said that it would stop it then that when she got very loud and rude she began to talk over my and wouldn't listen to and thing i had to say i didn't like the customer service and at that time she almost made me tell her to turn my home phone, long distance and internet i have all theses things with your company and to have angela talk to me the way she did isn't right at all acting should be taking and i need someone to call are e-mail about this within 7 days are i will call and have my service dropped and i will never do business with att/bellsouth again my phone number is [protected] and my name is erica ladell thanks

• Na
      Oct 07, 2008

We purchased an ATT cellular phone on December 18, 2007.I immediately sent in the rebate form and was suppossed to receive a $50.00 promotion card. I never received the card. ATT stated they sent the card but it has now expired so there is nothing they can do.

•   Oct 20, 2008

I went to the Apple Store on Boylston St in Boston, MA. I was told by the employee there that I could purchase two IPhones, one for me, and the other for my daughter who lives in California. I was told that I could purchase two activated IPhones with 617 area codes and be on the family plan, and that my daughter could change the phone number to a preexisting California phone number at a California ATT store. When my daughter tried to change the number at ATT in California, she was told that she could not have her old California number and still be on the family plan. The only way they could give her old California number was to take her off the family plan and give her an individual plan.

This information completely contradicts the information provided by the Apple Store in Boston when the IPhones were purchased and constitutes a misrepresentation of a material fact upon which I relied.

I called ATT on three different occasions over the span of one month, and this matter has still not been resolved. Twice I was told that a supervisor would call me back, but I never heard from anyone. I also called Apple and was told that there was nothing they could do. I have been a customer of ATT for over nine years and I am outraged that they would be so unhelpful. Now I have two individual plans which are costing me an additional $1559.76 over two years, which is the length of the contract that I signed.

• Ka
      Oct 27, 2008

I was talked into switching my phone and computer services by an unsolicited call with the promise of rebates and low pricing. I am now paying almost double what I was with WOW and have gotten nothing but a runaround and empty promises from everyone I have talked to. They say the rebates keep coming back to them as undeliverable, but I have no problem getting junk mail and offers from them daily. To make matters worse, I have now been told because they have my bank info, they will continue billing me even if I cancel their service until a one year period has passed. Stay away from this company! If I did this to people I would be in jail!

• Fr
      Oct 30, 2008
    ATT - no rewards center
    Missouri

You sent me something in the mail urging me to go to

There is no such site! Please advise what is correct.

• Cy
      Nov 01, 2008

I too attempted to log into the website provided to me by ATT for my recent order..."To thank you for your recent order that qualified you for an AT&T reward." I've done business with ATT previously, dropped them and forced to return because of lack of service providers in my area. This mailer and deadend email tell me it's business as usual with this conglomerate. Closing line in my letter from ATT..."It's all part of the new AT&T". Gee, thanks!

Nov 07, 2008

I was told if I updated my DSL to an even faster speed that I would be able to come to website www.att.com/rewardcenter and enter my area code and phone # I would be signed up for a $50.00 Visa gift card that I would receive within so many days. But this website does not have the form I needed to sign up for this card.

• El
      Nov 10, 2008

I also had the rep tell me about the reward center and got a mailer from them as well. I actually did go to redeem my reward, although I haven't gotten it yet. It is supposed to be mailed out on Nov 24th, so I'll check back with you guys then. Sorry things didn't work out for you like they were supposed to. Hopefully I won't be writing back saying the same things lol.

• Do
      Nov 12, 2008
    ATT - Never got promised $100.00 reward when I signed up for ATT U-Verse
    58 Home Ave
    Meriden
    Connecticut
    Phone: [protected]

When the two ATT reps signed me up for U-Verse they said I was going to be sent a $100.00 credit slip (reward). I never got it. I called and was told it was going to be sent but it took 4 weeks. I signed up on Sept. 11th or so. I still haven't received it. Is this some kind of a scam to get you to sign up and hopefully forget the reward? They don't forget to send a bill. I want my $100.00 credit.

• Ba
      Nov 12, 2008

Easy. Take them to small claims court.

• Su
      Dec 05, 2008
    ATT - Rebates
    Texas

IF YOU WANT TO GET INTO ATT REWARDCENTER.COM FOR REBATES/INFOR...TYPE IN WWW.REWARDCENTER.ATT.COM / 6MONTHS I HAVE TRIED..Now I found out the correct website..This should be MOST HELPFUL to all who is havivg problems like me..

• Di
      Dec 07, 2008
    ATT - Rewards Card
    att.com

I received an ATT rebate card for purchasing their DSL modem. I phoned and went on line and followed their directions. The site keeps telling me my numbers are invalid. Deal with ATT has been very frustrating to say the least!

Dec 28, 2008
    ATT - reward for high speed internet
    at&T

i ALSO RECEIVED A FLYER TO GET gUITAR HERO VIDEO GAME FRO SIGNING WITH AT&t high speed internet. Unable to find the reward site.att.com/rewardcenter.
    What a rip off. very disappointed with the company.

• Ca
      Jan 07, 2009
    ATT - no reward listing
    Indiana
    Phone: [protected]

when we signed a two year agreement we were promise a 100.00 reward check or visa card and has not shown yet why

• Fi
      Jan 11, 2009

The process of obtaining promised cash back has been ridiculous. A joke. Even after you were promised money in the mail, do not expect it to ever arrive or be credited onto your account, do not include it in any of your financial planning, instead think of it as a little angel drop from the sky and you will be a happy camper.

AT&T will probably send you a mailer around 30 days after your service--this is the most efficient part of the "reward" process. If I could give a compliment to AT&T about their Uverse service, it would be how efficient the automatic mailers are with very nice orange, attention grabbing colors and glossy, tactile textures. Wow. When I signed up for Uverse with the promise of cash back, I was promised $225 in rewards. A mailer arrived on October 17 with a website to access. However, when I typed the website into my browser, it claimed I was not eligible for any rewards! And, so, as rewRep1190 suggests, I "redeemed" my cash back by calling the Uverse call center on October 24, 2008. The kind peanut eating representive informed me to expect the checks to arrive shortly after Thanksgiving, about 5 weeks after the redemption. And, guess what? My cash back for switching from a reliable cable provider increased to $280. Meanwhile, mailers continue to arrive offering me to switch from my local cable provider.

It is now January 11, 2009, and I have yet to receive any checks or credit card. When I called back at the beginning of December, a hapless agent informed me that the reward was "stuck in the system", and he needed approval from his supervisor to move it forward and to expect it within 2 weeks. I thought the money was scheduled for mailing, so why does a supervisor need to approve the checks again? Well, even after this phone call, I did not receive any promised funds. When I called two weeks later to find out when the checks would be mailed, I asked to speak with a supervisor. The supervisor was very good at her job. She informed me only that the checks were stuck in the system and to expect them in 2 weeks. Groundhog Day revisited.

I have to say that all the agents I contacted were honest and sincere in telling me this: "There is nothing I can do to help expedite the reward, even though you have been waiting 11 weeks for checks that would normally be processed in 4 weeks." Unexpectedly, I received an email from AT&T to let me know I qualified for a $50 gift card. However, the gift card does not show up in the redeemed reward window on the website. That is a total of $330 AT&T has promised but not delivered. You know, I will be thankful when the money arrives, if it ever does, but this is truly ridiculous. I have little good to say about this service.

Jan 22, 2009

I have exactly the same situation as Lisa. End of Aug I spoke to ATT to order a DSL(Dry loop, no phone). She said that I would be receiving 100$ rebate for starting the connection. That was one of the main reasons I got ATT. A few weeks later I called them to ask about the rebate, they said since its just a couple of week please wait. I thought to myself "Fair enough". A lot of weeks later on Dec 23rd I called them again, she said that somehow the customer representative forgot to send out the rebate and that she will be sending it right away and I will receive it in 4-6 weeks. I asked whats the guarentee that I would be receiving it this time and that you are sending it now. She said that she will send it right away and also gave me a confirmation number, which I can refer to next time I call. Although I was a little angry since it was 4 months already, I still waited.
    Today Jan 22nd 2009 I call them again(after waiting for a month). Can you believe what the rebate center said? "We do not have in our records that you are supposed to receive a rebate. Also, you have a dry loop account which does not qualify for a rebate of 50$(forget 100$). We cannot do anything, Sorry." I did not just want to accept sorry and forget about it, she said talk to Customer care, I said that does not make sense because you are the reward center and you should handle. She said she can do nothing. They did not even care about the confirmation number!!!
    I called up customer care...explained everything again...she said she cant help...i said get me the manager...i explained the manager everything again...she said speak to reward center. WTF WTF WTF !!!
    Believe me...I am not going to let this go. After all this definitely not...it is not just about 100$...but it is complete FRAUD! How can they treat customers like this. they are definitely going to lose me...but all the people who I would have recommended ATT.

Any suggestions are welcome.

• Lu
      Feb 20, 2009
    ATT - REWARD PROGRAM
    LuAnn
    Montgomery
    Illinois

I was told to go to ATT.Com/reward ctr. after 21 days to get a $50.00 credit to offset the price of the modem I rec'd when starting up on DSL. I cannot even get into that address, let along rec a credit. This whole ordeal has really been a rip off.

• Ta
      Feb 20, 2009

I had got a modem from att and it took 5 monthes to get my $50 rebate back when it was only supposed to be weeks.

• Ri

• Ha
      Apr 14, 2009
    ATT - att rewards
    Florida

i changed from brighthouse to att for my internet & home phone. i was told by att, i would get a reward for both. when i called about the house phone, i first was told to call back on such & such a date. when i did, i was told wait another week. now they say i am over the time to get the reward. i am going back to brighthouse

• Ih
      May 05, 2009

I got my att dsl internet on 2/20/09 and I was told that i would get a $50 reward two weeks later. A month later, I still haven't received the reward. So I called them and they said it would take a while and I'll have to wait for another month. So I waited and waited and waited. but now, i called again and they said i wasn't eligible for the reward?! What the hell?! And every time I call their customer service, i always have to wait for at least 40 mins! And when I get someone on the line.. they're usually very rude and inconsiderate to the customers!!! How the hell can ATT be one of the biggest companies in the world if they have TERRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE!! and they promote/say things that are not even real?!

May 12, 2009

I have been a Cingular/ATT wireless customer for about 4 years now. In june of 2007, I ordered a new Sony Ericcson phone. The phone was rebated $75.00, which is one of the reasons I purchased it. When I submitted the information to secure my rebate, I erroneously omitted some of it. Att`s rebate company sent me a letter notifying me of this fact, telling me what additional information I would need. The letter was addressed to Mr.Ana A.(last name withheld), not Dana A., which is my given name.I promptly resubmitted the rebate form, including the omitted info, along with a letter notifying them of the fact that they had misspelled name, and that all future communications between them and myself be sent tho me under my correct name. Several weeks went by and I received my rebate in the form of two gift cards with my name printed on them. But when I looked at the name on the cards, they read Ana A. ! I contacted ATT customer service and was told that they would resend me replacement cards, but that it would take up to an additional 12 weeks to receive them. There was no way that I could present those cards to a merchant and convince that my name is Ana, considering that I was a 42 year old MAN! The service rep suggested that I use the cards towards my ATT account. I was under the impression that a rebate is my supposed to be your money to use as you see fit. I wanted my money to use the money for other purposes, so I resubmitted the info a third time. Nothing happened. After many months went by, I again contacted ATT customer service, at which time I told them of all I had been through trying to secure what was supposed to be my $75.00.The rep personally contacted the rebate company. They assured her that they would resubmit the refund within a month. Again nothing happened. I called Att again in an attempt to get my rebate, at which time a representative told me, that in essence, she could not help me, and that I would have to deal directly with the rebate company.I tried writing again, even threatening to send the matter to my state atty.general`s office, but to no avail. I feel cheated, and robbed.My cellular contract is up in a few months, and despite having satisfactory service from ATT over the last few years, I am shopping for a new cellular carrier.I have heard that the telecommunications industry is the most hated by american consumers.Now I understand why.

• Pl
      May 24, 2009

This has happenedto me too, please file a complaint against ATT with the California Public Utilities Commission if you live in California!

CPUC: [protected].

• La
      Jul 02, 2009

SC-ATT
    Okay, 4 months post getting wireless from AT&T...STILL no rebate card and cannot find out who/what/when/where to go to the get any help. Tried the last post, said I had no rewards. I cannot even say how I feel about AT&T and this is NOT the first time of having to work so very hard to get something that was promised in the form of a rebate. Tried to call a Ms Bliss at her extension, will see if we get a call back, but I am not holding my breath. Anyone out there with ATT? Wonder if they ever read these things?

• Ju
      Aug 12, 2009
    ATT - poor sevice
    Jacksonville
    Florida

ATT Uverse VOP does not work in my house, and they were to disconnet and return to regular ATT. This was promised to be done by this week. Now I'm be told that they have no idea when it's goint to be done. I have been a customer of ATT for more than 35 years.I guess that makes no difference to a company that does not belive in giving good customer service, just selling more of it's products!!!

• Ti
      Aug 18, 2009

I switched from a high speed cable internet service to At&t. They said I would be getting $125 rewards. Which I didn't receive. When I called back, they then said I needed a home phone with them in order to get those rewards. They lied and misled me to switch over to them with that reward incentive. I tried calling and explaining to them the information and they hung up on me. I hate att.

• Ti
      Aug 20, 2009
    ATT - getmyrewards
    att

i also received the getmyrewards paper and nothing happened. the site doesnt exist and then i signed up for the rewards service and it says that nothings there and the paper expires the first week of september. what do i do?

Aug 31, 2009

I too recieved the getmyrewards letter and it came up wrong sight.

Aug 31, 2009

Unable to sign up for getmyrewards. What do I do?

• Du
      Sep 08, 2009

I received a coupon in the mail promising I'd get rewards up to $300, and when I signed up said I'd get a rebate to cover all my costs for modem, etc. I was also supposed to get the highest speed available, so I'd have the same level as cable, but I got 0.045 Kps, or less than 10% the average download speed for California. I live in Pismo Beach, not Timbuktu! When I was finally able to get a live body to talk to (after spending several hours total on hold over the course of my service), I was informed that actually highest speed internet wasn't available in my area! This, after I paid $145 for the first month of service. Don't get AT&T! They are a rip-off!!

Sep 16, 2009

when am i going to be able to get rebates that "att" has told me that i would be receiving long time ago .They told me it would help me pay with my bill .I haven't gotten anything, my rebates was suppose to be $250.00 where . i thougth ya'll wre better than any other company.

Oct 01, 2009

is this some kind of game for att to send customers letter of non existing sites mmm kind of let you think...

• Bi
      Oct 10, 2009
    ATT - get my rewards
    California

I ordered Att home phone and internet and received my rewards post card and I went to the site and I could not log on. I put my billing phone number with area code and it said billing number must be ten digits and I tried it three times and the same message kept coming up and yes I made sure it was right. How weak is that I feel sorry for the guy that had to wait 30 min on hold and then got cut off.

Oct 24, 2009

was promised a $100.00 rebate if i got high speed internet...got internet no rebate...beginning to think att is a BIG RIP OFF...where's my REBATE????? Ann Gies