AT&T / bill

KY, United States Review updated:

In feburary of 2012, we had my sons internet turned off. We paid our final bill. At&T waited one year later, then sent us a bill for $100.44 as a final bill (so called). The internet was only $15 a month then. If it was shut off, how can it be $100.44???? I spent an entire afternoon on the phone with AT&T and their (automated system to make things easy and fast) and was sent to at least 6 different people and none of those could tell me exactly what the bill is for because it was so old, it wasnt in their system anymore, how can i be responsible for a bill of UNKNOWN ORIGIN???????? I am DISPUTING this bill of $100.44 till they can tell me why it is and why its so high ...

Ja
Feb 25, 2013

Comments

• Mr
      Jul 22, 2008

AT&T has charged A $12.95 on my bill from OAN services.
    We do not know what OAN is. There was nothing on the bill saying what the charges are for. We called AT&T, but did'nt get any satisifaction.

• La
      Jul 30, 2008

Oan is a 3rd party provider. They are a bogus “voice mail” service that you probably accidentally signed up for when you filled out some “contest” on the internet. AT&T makes a percentage off all these charges on your bill. They are fully aware that these are scam charges but since they are making money at the customers expense…THEY DON’T CARE!! Also, since by the time that the customer notices that it’s on the bill, it could be months and months and months, I use to see charges on the customers bill going back a year or more…so, when you call, the poor rep on the other side is only allowed to give you 3rd months worth of credit and to fight it out with the 3rd party provider for the rest. The customer usually takes that 3 months worth of worth credits and gives up on the rest…so the 3rd party provider makes money…ATT makes money and the customer gets screwed!! Don’t give up!! Insist on speaking to a supervisor…don’t take it out on the helpless rep on the other side of the line that isn’t just taking your abuse but 50 other customers abuse daily plus being harassed by the management. Ask to speak to a supervisor…all they do is sit on their ### all day anyway…don’t take no for an answer!! Get the supervisors name and number and follow up w/in 48hrs because the supervisors are also told to sit on these request so the customer will give up. Request a full refund from the first moment your were charged for these bogus charges plus request a “block 3rd party misc charges” block on your line…IT’S FREE!! Good luck!!

• To
      Jan 18, 2010

I was with at&t for lone time and I transfered to vonege on october 14 and I confermed with vonege and they gave me the purchase tiket and I made phone call to UK on october 20th and I got a bill for $169 for one call and I can afod to pay and they are not right.

Jan 18, 2010

Is this complaint against AT&T or VONAGE??

Sounds like it may be against Vonage. More information needed.

• Su
      Apr 02, 2010

We experienced a blackout a few months back.(It affected the entire neighborhood) I called AT&T and told them about the outage but did NOT request a service call because the power came back on in 45 minutes. If I had requested a service call (which I did not), I would have called them and cancelled it. The next month I recieved a bill for a $55.00 service call. I called several times to dispute the charge, but they told me that I would have to pay it anyway. I reported AT&T to the Public Utilities Commission. I refuse to pay for something I did not ask for.

• Bl
      Apr 29, 2013

Ready to fight back? Consumer Fraud Legal Services has Consumer Rights lawyers who focus exclusively on defending customers from fraudulent billing, contracts, and service problems like the one you have recently experienced. Using the Consumer Fraud Act, we will try and get you a refund. Regardless, our time is free. If we win, the law requires the company to pay our legal fees.

Contact CFLS at: