AT&T / dishonest companies

1 378 old grove rdBeckley, WV, United States Review updated:

My parents are older and live on a fixed income... there phone bill had climbed to 80$ a month so i advised to have it removed... due to rising prices and there set income... so me and my mother disconnected our house phones and i gave her a cell phone to use in its place... my phone through att was unhooked immediately... my moms disconnect took 6weeks they gave her 4 confirmation numbers when she called in 4 times and they advised there would be no charges on the phone being left on due to their technical difficulty of unhooking it... now they have a bill of 159$ i called on this bill and the woman advised it was not correct she would fix it and resend another bill... now they are threatening to send the same 159$ bill which wasn't corrected to collections... which has my little old mother distraught because she is unlike att and is a very honest person... i know they lied about having difficulty turning her phone off because i live 50 yards from her and they turned mine off immediatly. So please beware of this company... they need to be investigated and turned over to better business bureau.

Su

Comments

• Va
      15th of Jul, 2008
    AT&T - Lack of customer care
    AT&T
    att.com

AT&T has failed three times to live up to a dry loop DSL install to a qualified address by the activation date of July 8th. On July 8th, I spoke with 8 AT&T call center reps who could only tell me that the order was pending. I was told that I would get a return call by 5 PM. Suzzane returned my call the next day July 9 from the Dublin CA facilty and promised that the service would be on by end of day July 9th. As of July 10 I still do not have service. In every interaction that I've made with customer service and the provisioning the blame is place on the fact this is a dry loop account. If I ordered a phone service bundle I would not have this problem. My complaint is that AT&T is making it intentionally difficult for customers to obtain non bundled services by offering poor customer service. I spoke to Isabel who offered to cancel service prior to speaking with a supervisor. One example of horrendous customer service is Sylvia agent id (SL1793). She would not let me speak with a supervisor. She was unhelpful and could only repeat that service was to activate on July 10th. Today a DSL technician came on premises and could not activate the DSL line. There has been such a lack of customer care that it leads me to believe that AT&T has no interest in providing stand alone DSL dry loop service which it has been forced to offer as a result of its mergers. My expectation is the have service installed immediately as promised.

• Re
      12th of Sep, 2008

OK you take over the multi billion dollar service department and we 'll see how good you do.

• Sk
      15th of Apr, 2010

AT&T has cheated us by billing for things they said would not cost anything, and they have lied to us repeatedly. This goes for AT&T Cellular (after they took over Cingular Wireless) as well as AT&T Small Business and AT&T Home Phone (after they replaced Bell South. This company is highly dishonest.