AT&T and Direct TV / nhl center ice

1 United States

These companies are undeserving of even a single star.

I responded to a website for at&t/direct tv for the nhl center ice in october. I added the service and was told that the price was $9.95 a month. Here is what the website said,

Nhl® center ice® on directv. Catch every slap-shot, check, and goal this season.
Nhl® center ice® (ch. 769-787) gives you up to 40 out-of-market games a week for the 2018-19 season. From the first face-off to the final stretch of the season, you'll feel the excitement of the game as you watch all your favorite teams and players. Plus, you also get nhl network™ during the season at no additional charge.
View nhl center ice schedule

Nhl center ice 2018
$27.49 /mo. For 4 months
$109.96 in 1 payment
Activate now

See attached photo for verification.

Clearly, the site says 2018-2019 season. When I received my bill the service was $39.99 which my wife and I thought was for the first 4 months of service. No problem. Then we received the following months bill and they charges another $39.99.

After 4 phone calls, half a dozen people and hours of my time wasted I was told that I authorized them to charge me 4 payments of $39.99 which I did not do. Then I was told that the rates reflected on this website are for people who signed up after january 1st. Nowhere on this site does it say that. They made me so mad that I have canceled the service but was still forced to pay the $39.99. I call that theft. Do not trust anything the at&t or direct tv customer service people tell you. I'm contemplating canceling the entire service over this and just use netflix and amazon prime.

Neither at&t or direct tv can be trusted, so buyer beware!

AT&T and Direct TV