AT&T Aircard / breach of contract

1 Peoria, IL, United States Review updated:

Hello a number of years ago I purchased from Cingular an aircard with a true unlimited usage plan, not the 5g/Month that most providers are offering now. On my last bill I was informed that AT&T is no longer going to honor that contract by changing the plan to the current 5g/month max usage. Overages are charged to your account and are very expensive.
I want to know is this even legal? I am not a lawyer but I do know right from wrong. This is a breach of contract on AT&T’s part.
Does this mean I can just decide $60.00/month is to much and only pay $15.00 for the same plan just because I decide too?

I am looking for some information on a class action lawsuit. Does anyone know if a lawsuit has been filed against AT&T?
Don L Love

Comments

• Kh
      15th of Oct, 2010

I just opened an email from AT&T that said I was over my limit on airtime. When I purchased my air card I was told then it was unlimited and for 2 1/2 years I have had no overages and we use our card daily all day. I called AT&T and they informed me that now I'm on a 5 gig plan (which is only 40 hours). How can any company change a contract without a persons knowledge? I am seeking a Class Action Lawsuit for this matter as well. I paid over $300 for the card that will be useless since I am dropping AT&T.

I contacted AT&T this morning and spoke to Chloe ID# RC367W and was informed that any overages this month would be adjusted without overage charges. (Oh how nice of her lol ...NOT.) This is just another way WE THE PEOPLE are getting bent over again by another LARGE Corporation.

I was never informed about this change nor were we contacted with an option to opt out. Think about it... You could use 5 gig in 2 days so what is a person to do that works remotely from home with an air card?

I also am seeking information for filing a Class Action Lawsuit against AT&T. Any information concerning this would be greatly appreciated

Khokamo@aol.com

Joe Kennedy

Prague Okla.

• De
      3rd of Nov, 2010

I have been on the phone with them today, for the last few months they have cut off my air card 2 week into the month for over usage. this month they will no longer turn it back on, they want me to change plans that will cost me more money. they also want me to buy out the plan which was for only 1 year and I am 2 years this December, (they can not send me a copy of the 1 year contract) it is only $ 65.00 for the buy out but I have been without service for the last 3 months half of the month.

• Su
      6th of Feb, 2011

Just had this happen to me this month. Was given no notice from ATT what so ever that my plan had been changed. My son just got back from the war and our ussage went up, it's been a long time since he's been able to get on line when ever he wanted. Out of no where we start getting warning we are out of GB, KB or MB's what ever. What a shock, never had this happen in 7 years. They pretty much told us they can do what ever they want. I too want to join a class action suit.