Aspen Dentalthey lied about their services!

I was told that $10, 300.00 would cover everything from my initial consultation through surgery and up to receiving my permanent partial dentures. After my last visit I was surprised to find out that not all of the services were covered by the initial $10, 300.00 and I still have not gotten my permanent dentures. Now I owe an additional $400+ for appointments that I was told was covered. What's even worse is that part of my restoration failed and they are billing me once again for a filling that didn't even last 6 months. I have no insurance so I am forced to pay out of pocket. I AM NOT SMILING!!!

Da

Comments

• Di
      Apr 02, 2008
    Aspen Dental - treatment and final product!
    Nashua
    New Hampshire
    Phone: [protected]

Hello to all who have been burned by aspen dental!

My story is probably the longest and that is why i am not going to type it!
    But my story started back on june the 14th, 2017 and is still on going and it is a horror show!!!

I can honestly say that i have become a recluse because i don't have a good set of dentures to go out and even go to the movies. I don't even go and visit my own family either because i look terrible. (By the way i am only going to be 55 and that is still very young to be going through something like this) !!!

And talk about pain and suffering, unbelievalbe what they have done to me and so many others
    I have contacted the senator of new hampshire and let him know exactly what is going on up here.
    Something really needs to be done about this so called dental office that cares for their patients.

If anyone would like to contact me and talk by e mail, i would love to hear from you.
    Oh, by the way, i. Like many of you don't have a lot of money, i live on social security and i had to make sure that i had everything paid in full before they even pulled my teeth. How's that grab ya huh?

What a country we live in.
    Very depressing and horrified at the same time.
    Diane

• Pa
      Apr 06, 2008
    Aspen Dental - rudeness by manager!
    1710 Altamont Avenue At Greenpoin St
    Schenectady
    Phone: [protected]

The manager Sara, at this Aspen Dental in Schenectady NY. Is a very rude and nasty person, to both clients and to her employees. She apparently wants to look good at the expanse of others. I will never go there again, as long as she is there, nor will I recommend this place to anyone.

Aspen should be ashamed of having such managers, that can be so rude to clients, and yale at employees in front of clients.

• Bl
      Jul 23, 2008

Wooster aspen isterrible dr. critts was great, the tall large blonde assiston and the one dentist were terrible and joy is iffie how bad they are

Sep 30, 2008
    Aspen Dental - shody work
    Framingham
    215 Worcester Rd
    aspendental.com

since 2017 I have had three dental crowns put in my mouth ALL failed Have started implant procedures as replacements. The first crown on implant by post has failed and now I go about with three plastic temps. which come off all the time This work will not be complete until mid 2017 and three years later and the I can not be sure that these crowns by implants will not all fail. My experience with this dental office has cost me much time and thousands of dollars for work which would have been correctly diagnosed in the beginning would have been completed over a year ago. They have taken my money and have provided no service. The plastic temps. fall off at embarrassing times in public and while with friends

• Mi
      Oct 07, 2008

I had horrible experiences at this office in Framingham with my daughter. EVERY FILLING DONE BY MY DAUGHTER AT FRAMINGHAM HAD TO BE REPLACED WITHIN A FEW WEEKS OR MONTHS.

SOME OF THE WORK I AM NOT SURE NEEDED TO BE DONE, WHILE OTHER WORK WAS DONE WRONG.

YOUR NOT ALONE AND I HAVE BEEN TO ASPEN DENTAL'S IN CT, RI, AND MASSACHUSETTS.

THEY ARE ALL THE SAME...AND IT IS HORRIFIC.

WE NEED TO FIND ALL COMPLAINANTS IN THIS AND OTHER STATES AND GO TO FEDERAL AGENCIES TO GET RESOLVED THE NIGHTMARES THAT THIS COMPANY HAS CREATED!

•   Oct 22, 2008
    Aspen Dental - terrible company
    aspendentaljobs.com

I went to aspen dental for thousands of dollars of work. I was told I would be receiving services come to find out these services were never provided but I DID pay for them. I have been left with bone spicules and fragments of tooth left behind. There are many problems I have been left with and Aspen is trying to rectify the situation with me by referring me to a dental rehabilitation specialist. BEWARE DO NOT GO HERE!!! The staff as well as cooperate are not very pleasant to deal with and I would stay away from this place at all cost. I have temporary dentures that do not fit as well as bone spicules, and pieces of tooth left behind. It has been one month since the surgery and I am still fighting tooth and nail to get anywhere!!!

• Ar
      Nov 12, 2008

Why don't you go to another dentist if you know that Aspen's are all the same ?????? Why do you keep going back to them???

• Eb
      Feb 19, 2009
    Aspen Dental - poor customer communication
    Aspen Dental in Mattydale
    124 Northern Lights Dr # 104
    norh syracuse
    Phone: [protected]

During a routine visit at Aspen Dental, I had been having extreme pain. The office Manager Susan automatically assumed I needed a root canal. There were no questions asked and a price was given and a rushed appoitment. The problem was I was asked to pay 1800 dollars, when they were not even sure if i even really needed a root canal. I explained to the manage Susan that I was not sure if i would be able to do that on the spot I do not have 1800 dollars in my back pocket. I need to speak to my husband because that a large amount of money then I will let you know if I can make the appointment. So I canceled the appointment within the hour they gave me the appointment.

I returned to the office a few days later now having the funds but, there were no appointments available until the 24 of February.

I accepted the date. Soon after I was told that I had to pay the 1800 dollars in full today to whole the appointment. I was a bit confused because I never paid before an appointment to hold my spot. Then Susan said she just wants to make sure I mean business. After this was said I was so insulted because, I was a consistant customer. So I left with a prescription and rigt before they gave me novacane shot . The dentist did not explain no side effects after shot and sent me on my way. On my home while driving I realized my eye was not blinking. In a freak panic I turned round back to Aspen Dental. When arrived they had me wait and told me this happens often. Don't worry . Again confused on my this was not explained to me.

I went to get a secound opinion and found out that I actually did not need a root canal, the problem was that one tooth was not hormonious with my top tooth. Meaning all I needed was my tooth filed down. Thank goodness I was smart enough not to go back. I was wondering how can I go further in getting this place inspected?

Feb 20, 2009

your state dental board get on line and look it up. Alot of people do not know about it.

The state dental board cannot get your money back, but they will investigate complaints no matter how long it has been.

I don't know what state you are in so I don't know what your statute of limitations are.

• Wh
      Mar 25, 2009
    Aspen Dental - refunding money for services not rendered
    Flint
    Michigan

I had about 8 appts. with Aspen Dental. At very first appt., the dentist and I discussed previous medical issues and I informed him that I was not under a doctor's care and was on no medications or anything. They continued making appts., which I faithfully kept, took xrays, made impressions, etc. The end result was that I was to have all top teeth extracted and dentures made. I have no insurance so was informed of the cost, which I paid in cash. At about 6 pm on the night before the extractions were to be done, I received a phone call saying that the dentist would not do the procedure until I had a release from a doctor. Of course, this was AFTER they took my money and I had made arrangements to miss a week of work, not to mention that someone else had to take time off of work to take me to appt.
    I informed them that I would be in the following day to pick up my CASH since they refused to extract the teeth. They told me that they would have to submit it to their main office and IF APPROVED, I would receive a check in approximately 2 weeks! I told them I did not pay by check and did not want a check in 2 weeks. I wanted the cash back NOW! They weren't willing to wait for me to pay them in 2 weeks, why should I be willing to wait for a check?????
    Now, I am sitting with extreme pain, no money, and missed time from work!
    BEWARE OF PAYING UP FRONT!!!

• Ka
      Apr 07, 2009
    Aspen Dental - if you want to throw money away go here!
    Richmond
    Indiana

A couple things listed:
    My daughter worked as a dental assistant for about 4 years so she knows the ends and outs of dental "rules" she was also Hipaa trained by the state of Washington.

#1:At my first appointment the dentist recommened doing the advance cleaning because I was at a "2". When I told my daughter this she said that I did not need to have the advance cleaning because 95% of the population is at a 2 and that a normal cleaning would be fine. Now this cleaning was going to cost me over $200 because my insurance won't cover it. Anyway I asked to cancel this appointment and to schedule a regular cleaning. I was told that this could not be done because they can't go "down" on a cleaning. Is this Aspen Dental's policy and/or is this someone trying to make money?

#2: When I went to the Aspen Dental Office this morning April 6, 2017 I saw my name and cell phone number written on a large note pad by the phone. There was also at least one other persons name and number on it as well. This paper was able to be viewed by ANYONE going up to the front desk which you had to do when you first came into the building. This information was given to a clerk on April 3, 2017 at 11:59 am. I mentioned this Hipaa violation and the paper was thrown away.

#3: Is it normal to call the emergency dental number for help with pain only to get a return call 7 1/2 hours later? Thank God that the call was returned by a ******* out of Troy, Ohio (at lease that is what I thought he said). He listen to my concerns and put me on antibiotics right away.

#4: Someone else wrote on here how they had teeth pulled and wasn't completely numb. Ditto here. I even complained to dentist and he acted like it was bother to stop and give me more shots. Which wasn't enough.

#5: Thanks for reading these issues. I am still in pain from a tooth extraction on the 31st of March. Saw my new (more than likely now old) dentist yesterday morning and he said everything is healing and looking good he didn't see any signs of a dry socket on the x-ray (<~~~found out later you can't see those on x-rays!). Can't explain pain. I wish I knew the answer because I would fix this exposed root feel! Doesn't seem normal for 8 days of pain. Hopefully tomorrow the pain will be gone since the antibiotics will have been in my system for 72+ hours. NOTE: Do a web complaint search on Aspen Dental. You will find more complaints about the Richmond office along with other Aspen Dentals.

•   Apr 10, 2009

Kathy, Aspen Dental is committed to providing all patients with exceptional service and care. We sincerely apologize if your visit to our office was anything less. We advise all of our patients to first call the Aspen Dental office where they were treated and, if the issue is still not resolved, to call our Patient Satisfaction Hotline at [protected] or email us at [protected]@aspendent.com. We promise to respond to you as quickly as possible, but no more than two business days from your initial contact with us. Aspen Dental is committed to your total satisfaction and we look forward resolving any issues quickly and courteously. Thank you for letting Aspen Dental serve you.

•   Apr 10, 2009

We’re very sorry and extremely disappointed that your concern has not been resolved. If you call our Patient Satisfaction Hotline at [protected] or email us at [protected]@aspendent.com our Patient Satisfaction Manager will personally look into your issue and get back to you. Again, we apologize. Thank you.

• Ka
      Apr 10, 2009

Aspen Dental...I did email your patient service email:

[protected]@aspendent.com
    dateMon, Apr 6, 2017 at 11:23 AM
    subjectcleaning/hipaa/praise/thanks
    mailed-bygmail.com

I have yet to hear any response back. So much for responding back in 48 hours.

I am sorry that I was put in so much pain by the dental procedure in this Aspen Dental Office. I was on spring break from school and my husband is in the hospital. Out of four days in a hotel by my husbands hospital I got to spend approx. 5 hours with my husband. The rest of the time I was in my hotel room in pain. Then when I called for help I was denied more pain medication. What should have been noticed was that there was an infection going on somewhere.

When I went in on Monday I was in pain. The office staff needs to watch what they say and write. Someone was making a rude comment because I was there. So by the time I got seen I wasn't in the best of mood. I even apolgized to the dental asst because I had an attitude and I wanted her to know that I didn't mean anything towards her.

The dentist was going to give me antibiotics on Monday. Again thank God the Aspen Dental Dr from Troy called me back on Saturday and put me on antibiotics and gave me more pain meds. My dentist didn't even check to see if I needed anything more for pain on Monday.

If a doctor suggest something to me I listen and I follow his/her advise. But when I find out later that this is just a money making advise it makes me ill. Just like the cancer screening. I had it done once about an year ago. I told my daughter about it and she was mad because I was not a "candidate" for it. One major thing is that I have NEVER been a smoker. So when Aspen Dental dentist suggested this test I told them "no". I then started listening to all kinds of reasons to have it. I did stick with my "NO." But I could tell they were not happy with my decision.

After the Monday visit I tried to just schedule a regular cleaning and cancel the $200 one. But was told by the manager(?) that they couldn't do it because the Dentist wanted me to have the "expensive" cleaning. It was then when the manager rudely said I probably wanted to cancel the cap for my root canal. I never once thought about, that but the way she talked to me I rudley agreed with her and that was the end of my business with Aspen Dental.

Good Luck with your office in Richmond. If anyone ask me about Aspen Dental and will tell them my experience and let them decide if they want to take a chance.

Kathy

• Kg
      May 05, 2009
    Aspen Dental - everything
    1356 Boston Road
    Springfield
    Massachusetts

Aspen Dental-dentest has drilled 2 holes in my 2 of my teeth and I am having to have them repaired by my family dentist. I went back to them twice to have them filled and have my dentures adjusted. the second time I went the dentures had really rough edges and they refused to fill the holes both times even when told of tooth aches. One tooth has been filled by my family dentist and it still bothers me. I was told by the dentist at Aspen that the exsisting teeth have to be adjusted so the partial denture can fit. I never heard of such a thing. I have had partials before and this has never been done. One of the teeth in the partial is in the front and it doesen't look natural nor does it fit naturally. I was given a tooth whitening kit that does not fit my exsisting teeth because as I was told by the dentist at Aspen " they didn't have any darker than that". Now I'm in the process of finding a lawyer. I had to go back to have the partial with the rough edges ajusted for the third time. This has been been since March 5, 2017-April 29, 2017.

• Mi
      May 05, 2009

I am a registered dental hygienist and bone fragments are not that unusual to experience after an extraction. They usually will work their way to the surface and can be removed usually by yourself the patient very easily. If this is not the case an oral surgeon can remove the fragments for you. This is not a case of dental mal practice or any wrong doing of the dentist. Learn your facts first

Jun 10, 2009

It is unbelievable the amount of complaints this company has. I was one of there "office managers" or should I say high pressure salesperson. Everything, every complainant says I agree with. This business is not about providing quality dentistry. It is about making money off the under served dental community. It is disgraceful. Please spread the word before more people lose there hard earned money and there TEETH!

• Lc
      Jul 13, 2009

When I first call Aspen Dental the receptionist were very very very
    rude and nasty. when I finally got an appointment the Dr's seemed like they were student dr's I wont put a pass to it, because they did work on my mouth 3x's and all 3x's I had to come back, because it is so sad they are the only dentist my insurance has. Now when I went back to aspen to have a partial root canal done because of me being pregnant I could not recieve a full root canal 1mth after having my baby I went back to do the rest of my root canal I and then I had to come back to to get my crown put in which the office informed me that they will call me when the crown came in and 2mth went by me tooth cracked and I called to see what was taking long with my crown then they said oh you can come in we have it.so now I have my crown in my mouth and 3mths went by and now I am having pain in that same tooth that I had a root canal and a crown on it feels like it's infected so the next day I called the office and explained to them what was going on so that I can try to get an appointment and thay placed me on hold forever and then the phone hung up I am so fed up with this dentist I dont even know why they are still around damaging peoples teeth someone please HELP!!!

•   Jul 14, 2009

I’m really sorry to hear about your experience with us. Please don’t hesitate to call our patient satisfaction hotline at [protected] with any questions or concerns you may have. Or, if you’d like, you can e-mail us at [protected]@aspendent.com. We will respond to you as quickly as possible, always within two business days from your initial contact with us.

• Bo
      Aug 30, 2009
    Aspen Dental - extremely dissatisfied
    aspendent.com

I am an extremely dissatisfied "patient" of Aspend dental. After reading through hundreds of complaints which echo mine, I am going to make it my mission to bring their fraudulent and unethical practices to light and bring them down. Anyone with ANY inside info or complaint, please post it! Don't allow this criminal practice to continue. Class action lawsuit coming!

To satisfy the word requirement: Keep complaining, gather your information, keep records, keep a journal, take pictures, post your complaints, don't stop bugging them...whatever it takes. They need to be stopped! Six more words...medical malpractice and insurance fraud are serious!!!

•   Aug 31, 2009

I am very sorry to hear that you are not satisfied with your experience at Aspen Dental. Please know that we take patient satisfaction very seriously and strive to resolve any issues or concerns that may arise. Our Patient Satisfaction Team will work hard to address your issues as quickly as possible. Please call [protected] -- or you can e-mail me directly at [protected]@aspendent.com. I look forward to working through your concerns together.

• Ex
      Sep 29, 2009
    Aspen Dental - expert witness
    aspen dental

i've contacted a former aspen dentist who, with 33 years of experience, is an excellent expert witness if you, like so many, are suing aspen. he can be reached at [protected]@gmail.com. I'm sure he can help you too!

• Yo
      Oct 12, 2009

after finding this website I have made a decision not to work for aspen dental. After working 16 years with a private dentist i was wondering about these chain dental practices. But i was so happy to be getting a job after 10 months of employment i said i would take the job. But now i will be calling them and letting them know i do not work with a company with so many complaints.

• Te
      Oct 13, 2009
    Aspen Dental - crown fell apart after 15 days
    2255 East Ridge Road
    Rochester
    New York

The dentist told me that I needed two old fillings and 2 old crowns replaced. There was nothing
    wrong with the fillings or the crowns, they were just old. It was the first week in January, the beginning
    of my dental insurance cycle the work would have used up my entire plan for the year, Aspen Dental did
    not care about that they just wanted the money.

I agreed to have one crown replaced. The crown broke 15 days later when I was eating a cheese burger.
    The dentist tried to save it by filing the enamel down and the told me if that did not work, they would
    replace it for free. It did not last so he had to replace it. Aspen Dental kept billing me and
    my insurance company. This was for a free replacement and I have it in writing from the dental office.
    They kept billing me and I kept sending them a copy the letter. They finally sent it to a collection agency
    and I have reported the same information to the collection agency. A year later, I was brushing my teeth and the second crown crown has broken. That will be 2 crowns on the same tooth in 18 months. I would never recommend Aspen Dental to anyone.

•   Oct 14, 2009

I’m really sorry to hear about your crowns. Please don’t hesitate to call our patient satisfaction team at [protected] with any questions or concerns you may have. Or, if you’d like, you can e-mail us directly at [protected]@aspendent.com.

• Ex

Aspen Dental - inproper treatment
    York
    Pennsylvania
    aspendent.com

I have a huge fear of the dentist for the longest time. The mear mention of a dentist makes my heart speed up and I feel like I could puke. However, my teeth have gotten progressively worse since having my children so I finally made and appointment with Aspen since they are in my provider network and my sister said that they were real nice there. I told the girl when I made the appointment that I was afraid that I was going to lose one of my front teeth to advanced gum disease. I have had no problems with molars only my front teeth. I went in for the appointment and I waited for 30 minutes past my scheduled appointment time until they called me in for xrays. After the xrays they sat me in that horrible dental chair in a cubicle and there were all sorts of people milling about. The dentist finally comes in after about 20 minutes. Studies my xrays for a few moments and asked me what brought me here. I explained how one of my upper front teeth were loose and I was afraid that I needed to have it pulled and a partial put in. He poked around in my mouth for a couple seconds lightly brushed a couple teeth with his instrument. When that was done he said that his recommendation was a full mouth extraction and dentures. I asked if there was any chance of a fixed bridge since I don't have problems with my molars or bottom teeth and he said that they were all loose and needed to be pulled. Granted I haven't been to a dentist in 12 years but I am pretty sure that you at least have to touch all my teeth to be able to say that they are loose. I'm only 30!!!

I was immediately shuffled into the office manger's office. The door was not closed and there were other paitents outside, (forget all about privacy at this place) and she reviewed the different types of dentures that they offer. Gave me the estimate for their top of the line product and mini implants which are not covered by insurance. The total estimate was over $12, 000 of which I wouldbe responsible for $5000 out of pocket. She then asked me how I wanted to pay and I said that I would have to give that some thought. She then pulled out the Care Credit application and went over the different payment plans that would be available if I were to be approved. I told her I wasn't commiting to anything today and asked for a copy of my xrays. I paid for the printout of those and left there nearly about to puke.

I called a small family practice dentist and made an appointment for the following morning. I went over what happened with Aspen and the dental assistant was in shock. The dentist examined me, checked all my teeth to see if they were lose and measured my gum pockets. He recommended a fixed partial on top because my top front teeth will have to be removed and he recommended root planing and scaling for the rest. He said that my molars were not loose and that my gums are likely to respond to treatment. I showed him the estimate they gave me and he felt that was pretty steep for what they were proposing. He did say that his recommendations will not cost as much out of pocket because of my insurance but it was a longer more involved treatment that will require multiple visits over the next 18 month. He and the dental assistants were really nice and really did a great job of putting me at ease. He was like a big teddy bear. Not at all like the dentists over at Aspen which I presume the fly in from India and while they may be over qualified to be cab drivers here in the US they are certainly lacking some qualifications to be dentists. They are only there to do the easiest and most basic work possible for the most money. Stay away from them or you will definately lose your smile

•   Nov 05, 2009

Aspen Dental is committed to providing all patients with exceptional service and care. Please call our Patient Satisfaction team at [protected] or email us at [protected]@aspendent.com. and we will do or best to resolve any issues quickly and courteously. Thank you.

• Ro
      Dec 08, 2009

AS A NEW CUSTOMER IN THE MAIL I GOT AN OFFER FOR A VIDEO CAMERA WHEN I ASK MY LOCAL OFFICE THEY DID NOT KNOW ANY THING ABOUT THE OFFER PLEASE LET ME KNOW ABOUT THE CAMERA AND TELL ME HOW TO GET IT ROBERT GRIFFIN 1401 ADAMS AVE ALTOONA PA [protected] EMAIL [protected]@AOL.COM

•   Dec 09, 2009

Hi Robert,

I just checked and we have you on our list to receive the Kodak camera. It should be arriving within the next couple of weeks. If you have any questions, please feel free to call our patient satisfaction team at [protected] or e-mail us at [protected]@aspendent.com

Thanks!

• Fa
      Dec 10, 2009
    Aspen Dental - bad place
    Aspen Dental

I visited an Aspen office in Rome, N.Y..I had 3 teeth pulled, 1 wisdom, 2 broken.From the reception to the dental assistant to the Dentists, all clowns. The receptionists was very rude by eating her double cheeseburger at her desk, while trying to sign me in.The dental ***. was also rude by referring to me as "Honey" and "Sweetheart", I have a name, use it.Now the so called Dr..He removed my teeth and chipped another one that was not part of the procedure.Does not explain anything to me, yanks em out.When hes done, the assistant hands me a piece of paper with post oppt. instructions, no antibiotic nor 800 ibuprofen, nothing. I am paying for a service, I am the boss.I am not happy with the service.I will go find another Dr., no problem.But Aspen Dental is a slaughter house, get em in and move em out.I will not return to Aspen Dental.

Dec 15, 2009
    Aspen Dental - they just don't care!!!
    Walk
    Michigan

Aspen Dental does not care about it's patients. We had a great dentist at Aspen Dental with many great experiences. Never felt uncomfortable and on the contrary we made to feel very much at ease. We have many friends that we referred to that practice as well who actually looked forward to their appointments. When I heard the rumor that "corporate" fired our dentist, I couldn't believe it was true. Well... not only was it true but later heard that he was told to leave in the middle of the day when there were patients there to see him. Aspen Dental cares about money... not their patients. I will never go back to Aspen Dental again or refer anyone else there either. We just don't need "corporate" dentistry. We (patients) need to see dentists that care about us and that is what we had at one time. You blew it Aspen Dental. Now, we will just track our dentist down and follow him.

Dec 15, 2009

Doesn't surprise me at all!!! If he/she is a good dentist they shouldn't work there any way.

Dec 17, 2009

I AM VEREY MADE THEY LIED TO ME AND THE THEETH I HAVE ARE TO BIG FOR MY MOUTH I TOLD THEM AS SOON AS THEY PUT THEM IN AND I WAS TOLD NOT TO WORRIE THEY WOULD MAKE ME KNEW ONE AND NOW HE SAIDS THAT IT WILL COST A LOT MORE MONEY I NOT HAPPY I FEEL RIP OFF AND NOW I STUCH WITH UN NATRAL TOP THEETH AND DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO . I LIVE I WILKES-BARRE PA AND NEED HELP [protected]@YAHOO.COM [protected]

Jan 28, 2010

I agree with you, the one in Rome should be CLOSED DOWN.

• Fo
      Mar 24, 2010
    Aspen Dental - never again. no way. beware.
    Aspen Dental

I had my first visit today.

Upon arrival, I used the rest room. Their was urine on the floor and all over the toilet seat. I'm a female, so I could not just lift the seat and pee! First I thought - ok, maybe somebody, perhaps elderly just did it and staff did not know, but there were no paper towels in the dispenser, no soap in the dispenser and the sink was full of hair. All I could think was that if the bathroom could be this nasty, is it safe for these people to be in my mouth?

With caution, I proceeded with the visit. First I'll say that the reason I chose Aspen was from the TV commercials - I have horrible teeth and have since I was a child and needed a dentist that could handle it.

It's been just over 2 years since I've seen a dentist and in those 2 years I have lost 4 fillings and have new cavities. I also had a tooth which was previously filled that is killing me.

So, first they did x-rays (18 of them) which was uneventful and then the dentist came in. He spent less than 5 minutes doing a "full exam" of my teeth. Trust me, I've had a LOT of dental work and 5 minutes is in no way going to be enough to do a full exam of my teeth.

He rattled off his findings to the tech. who wrote everything down and what he found was that I needed 1 filling and 1 crown. Ok - I had 4fillings totally missing before getting there, but he didn't see ANY of those. Now, where not talking little fillings - these are back molars and the holes are big enough to see with the eye, let alone x-rays, of which they took 18. But he totally missed them telling me I needed 1 filling on what appears to me to be a good tooth and a crown, which is on the only perfect tooth I have.

He asked me which tooth hurt and I showed him. He said he had no idea what was wrong, but it could not be saved; it had to be extracted. I questioned him - how can you know it needs to be extracted, if you dont know whats wrong? He said - because its probably fractured on the inside and x-rays wont show that.

I'm thinking - ok, isn't that what x-rays are supposed to show????? At that point, I decided I did NOT want my dental care here, but since the tooth was killing me I was hoping they could at least fix it and I was ok with it being pulled. I let thedentist know that and he said the extraction would be scheduled at check-out.

After that - the hygenist came in and checked my gums and told me they were receding, which I already knew. She recommended a special medical toothpaste that I could buy at the front desk. I asked her how much it was and she said she wasn't sure, but they would tell me upon check out.

So at that point I left. I got to the desk and the office manager showed me the print out of my "summary" which included 1 filling and 1 crown (Still - the 4 missingfillings and tooth that was killing me was still not addressed). I asked her for the price of the special toothpaste and she said she never heard of it. Ok - I wanted out of there and was not going to buy it anyway. I told her thedentist agreed to do an extraction on my painful tooth. According to her, there was nothing in my summary that stated that. She went back, talked with him, then came up front and told meit had to be done by their oral surgeon who rotates between offices and the first available appt. was 6 weeks away.

NO WAY was I waiting 6 more weeks to get this done. I asked her if I could get it done in one of their other offices and she said yes. They had an appt. in an office an hour away for next Thursday. It being 8 days away, I thought I could tolerate it until then. I asked her to make the appt. and she said she could not unless I paid for the extraction now. I was floored. I told her - I have insurance and she said, I know but you are responsible for paying the 20% your insurance doesn't cover before the procedure can be scheduled. I was like WTF. Now, i know a lot of doctors want the balance due at the time of service, but not 8 days in advance. I explained that I knew todays exam would be covered by insurance, so I did not bring my check book and had no ability to pay today, but would pay next week when I got to the other office and she refused to schedule the appt., I got pissed and walked out.

My impression - a RIP OFF - and nothing more. This dentist totally overlooked all my missing fillings, wanted to fill and crown teeth that were perfect and then told me that he needed to pull my tooth because it couldn't be saved even though he did not know why it hurt. I'd rather have my kids fixmy teeth than this place. Never again. No way. Beware.

I should have walked out after seeing the bathroom. What a nightmare.

•   Mar 24, 2010

I’m very sorry to hear about your recent experience at Aspen Dental. We strive to provide all of our patients with high quality denture and dental care service in an atmosphere that is welcoming and respectful, and I apologize that your visit did not meet those expectations.

• Fr
      Mar 26, 2010
    Aspen Dental - poor service, bad business practice
    Aspen Dental

Avoid Aspen Dental at all cost!! They over-charge customers for service and do not respond to complaints. They lure customers in with their slick ads which promise to give you your smile back. But the reality is quite a different matter. They give you this estimate that any auto-body repair shop would blush at. Then they over-charge for services, billing even if the service isn't provided. When you complain, they just ignore it. Customer satisfaction is not their ultimate priority. They are just a money-generating machine. Customers are cattle to them. The locations are dirty and un-kempt. The waiting rooms look ok, but the actual dental room is dirty. Do not spend your hard-earned money with these guys. You are better off finding a local dental office that will stand by their work and not over-charge for their services. Avoid anything to do with these scammers.

•   Mar 29, 2010

I’m very sorry to hear about your recent experience at Aspen Dental. We strive to provide all of our patients with high quality denture and dental care service in an atmosphere that is welcoming and respectful, and I apologize if your visit did not meet those expectations.

We have a team of Patient Satisfaction Specialists who would be happy to try to address your specific concerns. This team of specialists is based at our Practice Support Center in Syracuse and can be reached at [protected] or [protected]@aspendent.com.

Thank you.

Apr 03, 2010
    Aspen Dental - wrong billing and pathetic service
    Woburn
    Massachusetts

My wife had a treatment done at Aspen dental, woburn and it was awful experience. They did not do the procudure covered by insurance but did something which was not covered. Initailly, they made me sign some document but i had clearly told them to let me know if things are not covered but they are asking me to pay few more hundred dollars after 6 months. Everytime the treatment was done by different dentist !!. and the claim was always in name of "THOMPSON M " - not sure if that is legal .

Also, on every visit they try to sell you atleast one of the things -toothpaste, mouthwash, toothbrush ( of ROTADENTA !!...for some $140 + ...same thign will be avlb in any walmart for $6...and u get the whole set of ORAL-b for $60..wonder if anythign can be better than oral-b).

Overall, very bad experience in woburn center...it is a chaos...and billing department is just try to pull out money...not seen in any dental ofice.

Still trying to settle bill but not sure what are the options i have .

people, any option u suggest ?