Aspen Dental / service and fraud

Reading, PA, United States Review updated:

I made an appointment as a new patient for my 6 month check-up. We just moved into the Reading area and Aspen Dental accepted our insurance. I sat in the waiting room (the office staff was very friendly) for 20 minutes. Was given a full set up x-rays and then taken to an exam room where I sat for an additional 25 minutes. The dentist came back, looked at my teeth and then told me I needed to see the office manager to set up an appointment for a cleaning. I was shocked! Why else had I just gone to the dentist??? Now, my insurance will be billed for an office visit that is not even legitimate and I must take off another day of work to see a legitmate dentist. She also informed me I had a cavity and upon a 2nd consult, this was not true.

Pm

Comments

• Al
      31st of Mar, 2010

I’m sorry to hear that you weren’t satisfied with your recent experience at Aspen Dental. Our doctors are focused on providing comprehensive care, which means that we not only want to address any immediate problems that may cause pain or discomfort in the short-term, but also recommend dental treatment for long-lasting good health. This is why your doctor did not perform a cleaning on your initial visit, he needed to first examine your mouth and determine which type of cleaning would be the best fit for your needs.

Would you be willing to talk in greater detail to our Patient Satisfaction team to see whether they can help address your specific concerns? They can be reached at 1-866-273-8606 or [protected]@aspendent.com.