Aspen Dental / aspen dental latham

NY, United States Review updated:

I've never had such a disappointing dental visit in my life until I tried Apen Dental. As a first visit, I have always had a cleaning and then a dental examination. I had a 4pm appointment and was not seen until 5pm and it was a 10 minute check from the dentist never having had a cleaning!! I did not have x-rays taken since my former dentist did so 7 months prior. TODAY I received my insurance claim showing that xrays were taken on 4/15!! And that I owe them over $100 for non-existent x-rays!!! This is PREPOSTEROUS! This 10 minute glance at my teeth now costs over $500!!! Now I need to waste more valuable time letting my two insurance companies know of this falsified insurance claim from Aspen Dental and how they need to somehow be reimbursed. The dentist himself brought my paperwork to the cashier and they checked me out. (which seemed strange, normally a dentist is too occupied to do the financial paperwork). I know my family and friends will never utilize Aspen Dental again.
-Colleen

Comments

• Al
      11th of May, 2010

Colleen,

I’m very sorry to hear about your frustrations. We strive to make the billing and insurance process as smooth as possible. I apologize that this hasn’t been your experience.

Would you be willing to talk in greater detail to our Patient Satisfaction group to see whether they can help? They are a team of specialists based at our Practice Support Center in Syracuse and is trained to help resolve these types of issues.

They can be reached at 1-866-273-8606 or [protected]@aspendent.com.

Thanks,
    Allie

• El
      25th of Oct, 2010

Hey Colleen,

Your previous (& probably old dentist) did not have your best interest at heart if your teeth were cleaned without an examination & actual diagnosis. Let me guess, no one even measured your gum depths at your previous dentist either (another sign of inept care). The aspen dentist walked you to the desk to probably increase the level of customer service for you instead of passing you off to some lackey. Wow, you really are ignorant. I bet you probably also think your insurance company is looking out for your best interest as well when they say they will not pay for expensive treatments but only the silver fillings & basic cleanings. Keep following the rest of the herd little lamb.