Aspen Dental / patient rights

1 444 Rt 211 EMiddletown, NY, United States Review updated:
Phone: 845-344-3844

On May 19, 2008, my husband needed to see the Dentist for an emergency for his lower left molar. The tooth was broken in half and the root was exposed causing severe pain up the left side of his face. When he entered Middletown Aspen Dental and told the staff of his emergency, he was turned away. They told him that they were "too booked today" to see him and had no openings. They also told him to come back on Wednesday (May 21st) for a possible walk in. When he arrived on Wednesday, he was told to try on Friday. Being that this is his dental provider, he did what they said.

I, myself, work in the medical field, and it is neither ethical or professional to turn away any patient who has an emergency no matter what the situation is. Your company's problems do not become the patient's problems whether the company is busy or short of staff. If the patient becomes septic and dies, this creates a large law suite for Aspen Dental. I will NEVER recommend this company to ANYONE. They have violated a patient's rights to be seen in a timely manner for an emergency. UNACCEPTABLE PRACTICE!!

Comments

• Je
      5th of Jun, 2008

You should file a formal complaint with the NY Dental Board about what happened. The only way that Aspen is going to be held responsible for what they are doing to people, is if everyone files formal complaints with the appropriate agencies. It is time consuming, I know, but just think of how many people are being affected by this company. It is disgusting that your husband had to endure the pain he did because of their inadequate staff! I listed this email address in another post but here it is again. aerwin@aspendent.com team leader, patient services, 1-800-965-6471 x1299 also contact the pres of Aspen rfontana@aspendent.com

• Li
      28th of Jul, 2008

I agree with your assessment - my experience was limited to making an appointment two weeks in advance - waiting in reception for 2 hours - only to be called and told they had never had the opportunity to verify my insurance (although I had my card & identification, etc.) and therefore would be unable to keep my appointment - The forms I completed - I then removed from the premises and have not been back since!