Aspen Dental / shoddy work/fraud

Aspen Dental
I cannot put the city because there are two states and three cities involved in the total story. All 3 offices of course, Aspen Dental.

I have proof of their fraud. Not simply my word, but their print outs in combination with my EOB's from dental insurance with one company and am going to request 3 years of EOB copies from my other insurance.

In addition to that, almost every single filling that they did on my teenage daughter came out within weeks and months of the work being done. Not normal and I don't care what they say.

I think they have done damage to her longterm. This bothers me a great deal.

Their billing practices border on extortion in some instances, but definitely fraudulent.

I have kept an open line of communication with the NY office, however, recently realized that for almost two years they kept a running tab on charges that had been paid in full, filing on them with an insurance company whose coverage we later acquired. Never mind these DOS had been paid in full...per their own hand and printout.

In two instances, they did not file with my primary, only my secondary and then billed it out. I paid what they said I owed outside of insurance, knowing it did not sound right, then when they received funds from my primary...did not credit my account.

In the end, they probably owe me a little.

However, the repeat billing of different dates of service they had already been paid for, is not something that they could be unaware of.

They also use fear tactics with patients in regards to their dental care, which results in patients resorting to applying to dental financing and paying upfront for work that may or may not need to be done at overinflated prices.

Those who go to Aspen Dental without insurance get screwed in more ways than you can count.

In addition, Aspen Dental does not seem to think they have to follow the rules and guidelines of the insurances in which they are PDP on.

I am so outraged by the discoveries I have made I intend to contact the ADA and the Attorney Generals for Ct and Massachusetts...and maybe a lawyer as well and recover for all I paid them for work that was not properly done on my daughter.

A  23rd of Mar, 2009 by
I went to Aspen Dental to initially have a cracked tooth fixed, was x-rayed and told I would have to have a root canal done and a crown placement-then was told that there were 2 more teeth that would have to have the same procedure, and I would have to have a bridge placed after all the procedures were done. They signed me up for CareCredit, which was supposed to help me pay the bill for all these procedures. I had the one root canal done, after which I received a bill for ALL the procedures-this totalled up to over $2700. I called Aspen Dental and cancelled the rest of the procedures, and asked them to contact CareCredit to eliminate the amount for the procedures I had not even had. They had billed me for procedures I hadn't even had yet! This was in January of this year, and I STILL have not had this matter cleared up yet! Aspen Dental's corporate office has stated that they refunded the money to CareCredit, butCareCredit has NO record of this, and it has been a month now since I contacted AspenDental. They now say they are going to send me a receipt of the electronic transaction to prove that they sent the refund to CareCredit. (Still waiting...) Aside from being overcharged for services, Aspen Dental charged for services that had not even been rendered yet! BEWARE!
D  1st of Jun, 2009 by