Asia Miles / Cathay Pacific / Don't trust Asial Miles, they are big hoax and scam!

1 Hong Kong Review updated:

I am member of Asia Miles linked with Cathay Pacific Air mileage program since 2001. These interlinked companies are located in China. I have accrued lot of mileage points , but so far in last 6 years I am not able to redeem and on so many occasions my points lapsed. Several times I tried to redeem mileage awards by booking a ticket online on cathay pacific and through Asia miles customer service. But till today I always got same reply that Flights are full. Even when I tried to book a ticket using Asia miles two months in advance, i got same status as " no availability".

I am holding quite a good amount of points but in last 6 years I am total failure to make use of it .

We are all very familiar about Chinese business ethics, the way people are ripped by counterfeit and fake products from China. Similar this Airline with the help of Asia miles award program-- are doing mal practices with many innocent customers/passengers by not giving them worth of reward points they generated. My case could be isolated one, but issue here is, inspite of several attempts, believe me not even once I could make use of it.

I am sure Asia miles is pure hoax, as well as scam similar to many chinese business scams we come across. Cathay pacific is part of this game.

I alert people to be careful. watchful with this coalition of popular customer ripping program which is otherwise known as Asia Miles reward system. Don't ever get duped by their glossy posters and advertisements. Better steer clear from these jokers from China.
---------------------------------
I got following lip service reply from jokers from Asia Miles jokers in China- ( a Country popular for Snake eating). I do appreciate that you would like to use your miles on your preferred award types and understand the reason for your frustration at not being able to utilize your earned mileage. Regarding our redemption seat allocation, allow me to explain that the number of award seats allocated depends on the time of year, routing, time of day and predicted
passenger load. If a flight is forecasted to be full, fewer redemption seats will be allocated. As we get closer to the flight date and a more realistic forecast emerges, additional seats may be released for redemption should the flight be under the originally estimated capacity.

As much as we wish to assist our members with their redemption requests, due to the reasons explained above, it might not be always possible for us to accommodate demand...

Kind regards,

Donna Kong
Customer Relations Executive
Asia Miles Service Center

-------------------------------
Finally let me wind up my ranting by ending with "BEWARE OF ASIA MILES- THEY ARE PURE SCAM FROM CHINA"

Comments

• Vi
      1st of Sep, 2007

I completely agree with this post Cathay Pacific should be a shame! I am in the same situation, If I buy the ticket I can find plenty of seats, if I try to use the miles all the flights are full for months...

Asian Miles , Are in fact a big hoax and scam and I will make this time once I get back to the US people know about it.

4th of Oct, 2007

same problem, redeems points, but want to change to 2 days later, but i cant, its full. but there are plenty of seats if i buy a ticket!!

4th of Oct, 2007

now on the phone with there customer service, been half an hr, still waiting

• Je
      7th of Oct, 2007

The worst of the Asia Miles is: we cannot to purchase some Asia Miles in order to extend the expiration date. They will give you another expiration date for the miles that we purchased (not all the miles we will have). The original miles would still be expired at the designation date. No matter- we purchase or donate! shame on you, Asia Miles.

• Pa
      20th of Jan, 2008

I have used Asia miles several time to fy from LAX to Manila in First Class but you have to know the tricks. You have to buy an additional ticket in case you can not get a seat but I have never had disappointment. I always got a seat last minute. You have to try two weeks and keep on calling every day or chack every day on Cathay Paciifc.com. I have more than 1,8 million Asia Mile and have ALWAYS gotten a seat in First Class. If you can not a seat, please let me use your miles and I will be happy to by you a ticket with my own money.

Email me at mdnitrous@gmail.com. I will be happy to help you. I can assure you that there is no scam. CX is one of the best Airline and it is hard to get a free ticket like any other five star airline.

• Bo
      31st of Jan, 2008

BEEN CALLING ASIA MILES FOR 5 FREAKIN DAYS NO ONE IS PICKING UP THE PHONE!! WORSE TOLL FREE IN THE WORLD!!!

• St
      22nd of Feb, 2008

Seriously, the toll free numbers don't work unless you use a land line.

Also, whatever they have on their website as Asia Miles Hotline in HK, that's not the correct number. I feel bad for the girl who answered my call and said "this is not Asia miles. They put the wrong number in their information." I wonder how many billions of calls she's got for Asia miles...

I just need to figure out my username or even my PIN. the website doesnt allow me to create a new account and now i'm stuck without being able to redeem my miles...

This is so far the worst mileage club I've ever had though I like flying with CX. Asia Miles sucks...

• Ka
      6th of Mar, 2008

I am from Hong Kong, i have the same feeling, cathy pacific is really bad service, after calling 1 hours, they still hold me the line without directing to the customer service.

• Pr
      16th of Apr, 2008

I cannot agree more with the comoments.. I bought my parents tickets using Asia miles, and now we need to change the return leg. I have been on the phone for 8 hours since last 3 days, and NO ONE is picking the phone.. This is rediculous.. I have never experienced such horrible customer service with any airlines, especially United or American. They need to add more lines for sure atleast to pick up phones..

6th of May, 2008

Very poor customer service. The first time I called the 800 number in the US, I was on hold for an hour until I gave up. The second time I called, 45 minutes before someone responded. I redeemed points a month and a half ago and was told that I will receive the hotel voucher in TWO MONTHS! They said they cannot do anything at the moment since it was already in transit. This is ridiculous. VERY POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE. Too bad, since Cathay Pacific is supposed to be one of the best airlines in the world and the frequent flier service they are associated with is probably one of the worst. Gives ASIA a bad name.

• Br
      10th of May, 2008

Cathay Pacific's Marco Polo has a different hotline than Asia Miles and it looks so much better, I even bet it picks up the phone...

No matter what time I call Asia Miles in HK they dont pick up no matter what language I choose.

I need my account number and PIN and why can't they just give it to me!!!

Asia Miles is just so crap.

• Rl
      13th of May, 2008

NO airline makes it easy to use frequent flier miles. This post could have been written about almost every airline! Cathay Pacific is one of the best airlines in the world in terms of service on the ground and in the plane - in business or economy class. I've been able to use my miles for business class tickets and upgrades. I've also used Cathay miles on American and Quantas with no problem.

• Js
      22nd of May, 2008

Try calling Asia miles or Marco Polo in Australia and Hong kong and the phone is always busy, you leave messages to call you back and nothing, i have been waiting 7 days for someone to call me back. This is absolutely disgraceful service and i have never experienced anything like it before! It's no wonder Cathay has lost it's 5 star ranking through airline quality.

CATHAY PACIFIC THE NEXT 3* AIRLINE

25th of May, 2008

I read all the message which are complaints, but no reply from Cathay Pacific. Doesn't Cathay Pacific has anybody who can respond to this, or give us some improvement actions ? I last redeem CX on 2003, and it went well. I will redeem again in the near future, and I wonder it will be as bad as what the readers comment. Anybody who has just made redemption in year 2008, could you share your experience ? Thanks.

• Pa
      28th of May, 2008

For ALL of you who can not use their miles, please letme use your miles and you can use my miles. I will get you a ticket anywhere you want to go and Iwill use ASIA miles. Please email me at mdnitrous@gmail.com or call me at 310-482-9999/ I can assure you that I can help you use ASIA miles or can get you a ticket using my other airline miles. Please do not be frustrated and let me show you. It does not cost you a nickel and you are under NO obligation to do anything. I fly to ASIA once or twice a month and I make enough money NOT to worry about helping any one but I see that people are losing miles for no good reason. I will let you know the tricks for free. Just email me.

Parvez Gondal MD

PS. I agree that ASIA miles sux and that you have to call several times and be put on hold for hours before you can talk to them. CX should do something before they lose their clients to Singapore Airlines. I love CX and SQ but SQ mileage program is thousand times better than ASIA miles.

• He
      14th of Jul, 2008

its really very hard to get through with asia miles costumer service
    Im satisfied with their though
    maybe CX need to focus about this issue

• Hd
      21st of Jul, 2008

Asia Miles sucks big time. I'm changing to Singapore Air.

Totally agreed with all the posters here. I called and called and called with nobody picking up the phone. Also, how many seats are they allotting anyway ? I tried to book 6 months in advance and it's already full ? [censored] that, they might as well close the shop. They need to wake up & realize that there are other airlines offering better service out there. I've terminated them. I feel like playing with some bozos out there, just like when you try the cheap calling card and can't get through.

• Tr
      23rd of Jul, 2008

its a no brainer that anything free is subject to confirmation. you're such a whiner! its a freakin freebie! of course the phone lines are jammed! imagine all the people around the world trying to claim their freebies, and its not like the airline will hire an entire department to assist all the freeloaders of this world... i have claimed asia miles before, with difficulty - yes, but in the end, i still got to fly for free - i just had to be really flexible on my travel dates.
    try krisflyer miles and northwest, and you'll be thankful that you're with asia miles! Just a tip : dont ever plan last minute if you intend to fly with your miles.

• J
      21st of Aug, 2008

the biggest scam of it is, if you try to book a return flight!
    they put you on a wait list, then 2 days before your flight they confirm the "departing" flight.. then once you are on your trip they contact you 2days before your "return" flight and confirm that upgrade.

the reason they do this is because to book say a return flight from YVR to HK in business class is 120, 000miles, however if they only confirm the departing flight first it is 70, 000miles for that flight, then when you get confirmend on your return flight just before your ready to head home and they charge another 70, 000miles.. so instead of using 120, 000miles for a return flight you actually use 140, 000miles for the same flight..

ive tested this time and time again, with upgrading flights and purchasing complete flights and it is always the same. cx doesnt release the flights to asiamiles until days before the flight so they can sell as many seats before letting them go to asiamiles holders.

i spoke to the agent tonight (august 22) and asked her to find me any business class seat i could book departing YVR to HK and she found a flight leaving sept 3, then i asked for any returning flight to HK... she looked for 10minutes and could not find a single flight she could confirm and there wasnt one single flight anyday. this proves to me that cx and asiamiles are faulsly advertising there mile redemption charts.

• Ad
      28th of Aug, 2008

Totally agree the above. The customer service is near to non-existence. I am not putting my credit card point to it anymore. Once I used up my mileage, I'll quite the program