Ashley Furniture / rip off!

1 NY, United States

Please be aware of Ashley Furniture and their business practices. I canceled my order in what I thought to be time where the furniture in no way could have been manufactured - though they said it was and was on its way though they offered no proof of that. So anyways - I said yes to the store credit whereas they wanted it to be for the whole purchase amount - including warranty, delivery and sales tax. After a call into a NYS agency - merchandise credit is on merchandise and not on services or sales tax (esp because it was never "collected"). So, we agreed to a true merchandise credit. Well, after much-to-do between Ashley and the credit card agency used for the gazzilion months of no interest, it all was messed up - so Ashley said "screw her" and did the restocking fee of 20%. I am not sure what rocket scientist did the math but where they got their 20% from I can't figure it out because no matter what way I do it, my math and their does not equal. So after so more investigation - again the 20% is only on merchandise. A call to the store confirms that 20% restocking is on merchandise only and not on warranties, delivery, or sales tax. So... if you are one of those who opt for the restock fee (because like me I don't EVER want to do business with this company again!) - check the math. Fight back - they are trying to get more money out of you. File your BBB complaint - I am astonished as to how many of these I have read online and yet look at the BBB website and find only a handful of complaints filed against this company. For one, I would like to see this business out of NY as they have shady business practices, poor workmanship, and even poorer "customer service".

Su