ASC / Illegal Tactics to Steal Your Home

1 800 S. Jordan Creek PkwyDes Moines, IA, United States Review updated:
Phone: 515-324-3130

It's been six months since I put together the information below -- I've had so many people e-mail me with heartbreaking stories that are exactly alike. Please, please, please, e-mail me if you've had problems. We are in the process of putting together an action class suit. If you've been hurt, e-mail me or write me. DO NOT GIVE UP! Go to sites like /link removed/ www.pissedconsumer.com, HUD, RESPA, your states attorney general, and on and on. Don't stop. Look at wonderful sites like

Kelly L. Hansen
12757 W. 108th Street
Overland Park, KS 66210
[protected]
ctsmyhon@yahoo.com

I've spent an agonizing year arguing with America Servicing Company. They really have crossed over so many lines with their illegal practices. My story is as follows, and before my story is VERY IMPORTANT INFORMATION!!

Cara Heiden

john.stump@wellsfargo.com

Rick Kephart
rick.kephart2@wellsfargo.com

WELLS FARGO HOME MORTGAGE
d.b.a. AMERICAS SERVICING COMPANY (ASC)
Executive Communications Office
MAC X2302-02J
800 S Jordan Creek Pkwy
West Des Moines, IA 50266
[protected]

WELLS FARGO HOME MORTGAGE!!!
FORECLOSURES ARE THEIR SPECIALTY.

WELLS FARGO, dba,
AMERICAS SERVICING COMPANY

TURNING THE AMERICAN DREAM INTO A NATIONWIDE NIGHTMARE

In November 2007, Wells Fargo dba American Servicing Company (ASC) decided to escrow on my mortgage loan. For no reason. My taxes and insurance were always paid on time. They’d never escrowed before. My mortgage payment increased from $655 to $1446 a month. I can’t pay it.

Wells Fargo admits their error. They promise to fix it. Then they don’t. Again they promise to fix it AND reverse all the late charges. Doesn’t happen. No one stops the snowball effect Wells Fargo’s mistake is having on my mortgage and my life.

Phone calls and letters threatening foreclosure were relentless. I have spent hours on the phone trying to resolve the problem. Various ASC Customer Service agents promise all your problems are taken care of, and when they call you again the next day, didn't leave a single note regarding my call, or that I even had called, in my record. I started the process all over again with a different agent (weird isn't it that you can never get the same agent because they don't have extensions, won't give you their last name -- just a three letter employee ID code that won't get you anywhere. One agent refused to give me his physical address when I wanted to talk with someone face to face. Many different customer service (??) agents over this six month nightmare assured me, that yes, definitely this time, they had truly made the corrections I thought had already been made. My loan had been approved for loan modification and the loan I’d been told dozens of time had been reinstated, had really for sure this time been reinstated. I was always told I would receive a letter confirming all was well with my loan. But the promised confirmation letters never came. And I was forced once again to start the agonizing process with a new agent. AND, the notes in my records either did not exist (according to one agent) or were very confusing (according to another.)

On April 23 I was emergency admitted into River Oaks Mental Hospital for 10 weeks due to a complete emotional breakdown. Wells Fargo Mortgage made a mistake, and acknowledged it. However, they were unable (or unwilling) to fix the problems their error created. Instead, two days after they told me (AGAIN) my loan had been fully reinstated, I receive notice my home was scheduled for a sheriff sale in 8 days. Two days after they promised the charges resulting in their error would be removed, and they would contact the credit agencies to report their mistake, and remove their negative remarks.

Wells Fargo’s illegal lending practices caused emotional distress that resulted in my emergency hospitalization. I'm bipolar, my condition worsened, my depression bottomed out and I became suicidal. I was unable to function. My sister was given power of attorney, and, even though they were aware of my condition, and that they were the source of the resulting breakdown, they still refused to work with her.

On August 14, I was told, again, my loan had been reinstated. While waiting again for another confirmation letter that never comes, I call them again. I didn't contact anyone else for help because I didn't think I needed to. ASC was always so sorry after they didn't follow through on one of their promises. Then they reassured me all was well. I was very stupid.

My home was my savings account. And it was my retirement account. More important than anything, it was my security blanket.

Kelly L. Hansen

Londa Gomble [Vice President]
londa.gomble@wellsfargo.com
Patrick Sheehy [Vice President]
patrick.sheehy@wellsfargo.com

All the Domains Owned by Wells Fargo -- BE CAREFUL!

acordia.com

wellfargo.com

wellsfargo.com

wellsrates.com

wfcentury.com

Comments

• Ka
      11th of May, 2007

This company is so hard to contact. I wish we could get rid of them. Using them has hurt our credit.

• Ki
      15th of May, 2007
    ASC - Loan sharks!

I think this company should be put out of business, they are crooks and they need to be exposed. They had the nerve to tell me that my payment was late when in fact I had mailed it far in advance. My loan was sold to them and they have 2 of my loans and they said because I put my payments in the same envelope and wrote one check to cover both that it was not manually entered and that was they error they would have not caught it if I had not called to see why it was not posted to either. They did advise it was not a good idea to do this one check payment. That seams crazy to me they own both loans and its going to the same company. My feelings are they should have caught this error when they had a check that was not posted to anything. So I do not make one check anymore but all other companies you can. Now that is bogus also it took numerous phone calls to get the 2 late fees removed that were not my fault in the first place. They also call you on the phone and harass you for payment and thats when I went off on them and let them know it was not my error. They are pretty close to loan sharks to put it lightly. Once my 2 years is up with them that limits me for refinance without a penalty I am dumping them because it would cost me too much right now just to get ride of them and they are not getting a penny more from me than I owe monthly. I think there name should be on all national broadcast and web sites with a warning sign that say. "Loan Sharks and Crooks do not enter into a contract of any kind with ASC.

• Mo
      25th of May, 2007

Wow!

• Te
      2nd of Jun, 2007

ASC = Wells Fargo. FYI- Wells Fargo is the parent company.

• Da
      21st of Jun, 2007
    ASC - Illegal addition of Home Liability Insurance

After ASC bought out our Mortgage. Our Homeowners Insurance renewal was due. We had our own underwriter and had our new binder which I faxed to ASC at the fax number given by them to prove continued coverage. I kept all paper work including the fax conformation with number, date, and time.

Today in our mail we received notice that they had never received proof of coverage and had set up a policy and would add this into the monthly payment. Illegal as one can get.I have also tried repeatedly to contact these people, where ever they are, probably out of the country and non English speaking, to get information on taxes, no luck.

I am very dissatisfied and will use every opportunity to insult this company and make sure other consumers understand the awful service this so called company gives.

• Ho
      2nd of Jul, 2007
    ASC - Mr. Lopez needs to understand

Mr. Lopez: First, let me say that you need to learn how to spell. When a person "sues" he is not "sewing" as you stated. Its obvious that your demeanor and attitude is not one that belongs in the mortgage collection business. People who have ASC are not all "horrible credit rating" people. Some of these people have the down payment and good credit, but aren't able to get put with a "prime" mortgage company. You need to understand that there are reasons, legitimate ones, as to why people have their credit marred. Maybe you should look into those reasons before berating people. Do you really think that if ASC walked into a courtroom, where the whole point of the law is JUSTICE that their lawyers have a better chance of winning against opposing counsel(s)??? Come on Mr. Lopez do some research before berating and showing your poor thoughts for humanity! I have ASC and I have had no problems with them. Now, if I had to deal with someone like you, then yes, I would have to say my dealings would not be with that of a person in deals with people in a considerate, friendly, and tactful manner. Stop trying to humiliate others to make you seem a better person to yourself!

• Gl
      31st of Oct, 2007

we need to contact attroney general office and start a petition on this company

5th of Nov, 2007

I have read all the complaints about ASC & all has happened to me in the past 6 months ! I no longer have credit. ASC has the gall to say that they are charging me $7500.00 for Flood Insurance, insurance that I have had on this property for years! Now , that wasn't enough, they said that I must pay $22,000.00 for an escrow account! What happened to my account and insurance when this mortgage was sold to them? When I make my monthly payments, I write on the check "for principle only", it doesn't go there & no one at ASC can tell me where it goes! I think that it goes to an off shore account! I have never dealt w/such snakes, to be polite. And yes, forget calling them w/ their smoke and mirrors. This is America, why aren't these scam artists shut down! I contacted the FTC & the DCCA, is Ralph Nadar around? I am afraid to send in this months payment that only puts me further in debt! As for the insurance, I have mailed and faxed confirmation to every number they have, and we all know thats a lot of numbers. I need this nightmare to end! People be careful!

• Sh
      14th of Nov, 2007
    ASC - Lost and Found Payment and FEES to boot

Last month, I mailed my payment from Ventura to Los Angeles a week before my mortgage payment was due. What is that? A 50 minute drive??? After four days, when my payment did not post, I called them. They told me to call back the next day (the deadline day for being on time). I did so. They told me to call later in the day, that by 2:00 or 2:30 all payments would have been posted. I called and my payment was still not there. I was told the payment was not there or it would be in the system as pending. I put a stop payment on the check and paid over the phone so I could be assured the payment was received. About a half hour AFTER I paid the mortgage over the phone, my check was posted to my account. So next thing I know, TWO payments are being charged to my bank account. It took two more days of phone calls to get this straightened out. So by that time, I had a stop payment fee AND a pay by phone fee. I was out money, and they had made their phone fee telling me that my payment had never been received. Although the customer service people I talked to (for the most part) tried to be helpful, it is obvious that there is a ton of ineptness in the process they have going on down there. Absolutely amazing. I can hardly wait to get out of this loan! Eight months and counting... :)

13th of Mar, 2008

We went through the same damn thing!!!

Our agent even attempted to fax our insurance binder to them and got no where. Finally we told them that we would sue for the illegal insure filing they did and eventually got a refund.

• Mr
      19th of Mar, 2008

I just would like to say to ALL of those people who's mrgt. is with this ASC that i understand 100% of how they feel. I myself work for a morgt. company in the Loss mittigation dept (aka Loan Modification dpt) I have been doing this kind of work since 1997 and let me tell you the process for loan modification requires a lot of work from customer, BUT IT REALLY DOES NOT TAKE 60-90 DAY TURN-AROUND TIME for this process to be complete. I feel really stupied writting this ccomments because my loan is with them and I have been trying for them to modified my loan since late november early december and as an today...no luck. My payment went from $3800 all the way up to $5000. I have faxed all the required paperwork and my last contact w/them was just on 3/15/08 they told me that my loan has not even been assign to a counselor yet. Can you image how upsetthing this could be? Especially when I have perfect understanding of this matter. I'm in process of contacting my attorney to assist me on this matter. I have now paid feb/march payment of $5000 each. Every time i called they tell me that this process take time, and that some cust. have been waiting for longer that i have. For my experience, i have began/process/complete/closed a total of 30 modification loans per month. AND it upsets me when they tell me that my loan with them is still in review, and to make matters worse, it has not even been assign to a loan modification counselor yet. WHAT DO YOU THINK ABOUT THIS?

• Va
      3rd of May, 2008
    ASC - They're horrible
    ASC

OMG...we are also with ASC and like the others here, we were mislead and have been hit with foreclosure. We called hundreds of times, with no avail...never was told the same thing twice...was told payments were never received on time...and the straw that broke the camel's back was when they took it upon themselves, without our authorization, to debit our checking account for two payments!! They claimed they had our conversation with them recorded with our authorization of the transaction. We asked to hear that recording and of course, they weren't allowed to do that. This all because we tried to work with them by asking for a deferred payment for 1 month and they were going to send us the papers to sign and return. While waiting for those "papers", we were notified our home was in foreclosure!! This all began 7 months ago...we contacted a company that works with foreclosures and we were told ASC is the worst company to work with. Oddly enough, through all this, we kept receiving letters from ASC saying they wanted to work with us...I had a odd feeling about that, and after reading all of the complaints here, I now know my gut feeling is justified. What can we all do about this horrible company? I am beyond sick about losing our home...the last letter we received from them stated they would give us their decision in 30 days...and it has been well over 30 days. How can these people continue doing this? PLEASE, someone respond...I don't know how much more of this I can take!!

• Ci
      9th of May, 2008

We are having the same problems. You try and try to work something out with them, never get the same story twice, are told not to worry (yeah right). There is no follow through - you have to call almost daily (of course I don't know what good it does). This company does not have the right to destroy peoples lives this way - I only wish we knew what to do...

• De
      15th of May, 2008

WE HAVE MADE ALL OUR PAYMENTS, WHEN WE WERE LATE WE PAID THE LATE CHARGE-THEY LOST PAYMENTS WHICH I HAD TO SEARCH FOR AND WHEN I TOLD THEM THE PAYMENTS WERE CASHED AND MY BANK HAS DOCUMENTATION OH THEY ALL THE SUDDEN FOUND THEM, BUT DIDN'T CORRECT OUR CREDIT REPORT. THIS COMPANY IS OUT TO TAKE OVER HARD WORKING PEOPLES HOME THEY DON'T CARE IF YOU HAVE A FAMILY OR ANYTHING-THEY ARE THEIVES AND ARE OUT TO TAKE OVER THE HOUSING MARKET! THEY NEED TO BE SUED AND PUT OUT OF BUSINESS. THEY SHOULD NOT HAVE THE WORD AMERICA IN THEIR COMAPNY NAME- MY AMERICA WOULD NOT DO THIS TO US WHOM CARRY AMERICA-TAXPAYERS!!! UNITED WE STAND DIVIDED WE FALL- ASC ARE THE TYPE OF COMPANIES THAT ARE DIVIDING AMERICA. STAY STRONG AMERICA, SOMETHING IS TRYING TO BREAK US DOWN!!!

• Re
      8th of Jul, 2008

Contrary to what some people have said on here, I am not trying to be one of those people I mentioned above. My company is a nationwide company that provides services for people that are at the end of their rope. One of the helpful things that we provide is letting you know, before payment for service, if we can assist you and if we can not. If we can not, we tell you why not and what can be done to allow our company to assist you. Most companies won't do that, but we will also give you the reasons why exactly so that, if you should choose a different service, they will not be able to scam you. Now that's a way of saving money too.

2nd of Dec, 2008

Let's put together a class action lawsuit.

I'll research the attorney.

Everyone needs to get involved to take ASC down.

Please clal me at (310) 866-7419.

2nd of Dec, 2008

Let's all put together a class action lawsuit. I'll research the attorney.

Please call me at (310) 866-7419.

2nd of Dec, 2008

Let's get together and do a class action lawsuit. I'll do the research on the attorney.

My telephone number is (310) 866-7419.

2nd of Dec, 2008

let's do a class-action lawsuit. I'll do research on the attorney.

Call me at (310) 866-7419.

2nd of Dec, 2008

Let's all get together and do a class-action lawsuit. I'll research the attorney.

call me at (310) 866-7419.