Arbonne / they left me hanging

Initially teased with the small investment package, then came the bomb. You wouldn't make a dime with that package, just buy the product at a different price. Told one thing, then another after investing $1500, left hanging with little or no support-when I complained, no one returned calls. When a client was chemically burned and wrote a letter to the "company" she never heard a word! What kind of company lets this go on? Also, now that I have personally used the product going on 3 years, guess what??? it's not that great!!! Department store equivalent!

Va

Comments

• Da
      18th of May, 2009

I don't know. Perhaps Avon and Arbonne are department store equivalent. Mary Kay's selling point is the customer service, and the lower cost over time for MK customers. I think Mary Kay is great, but that's just me and my skin. I'm really sorry that you invested so much.

I also would think that the company would take care of your customer, but it is your responsibility if you sold the product to get someone to help her and/or refund her. You are an "independent representative", right? So, do you guys buy it back and then send it to the company for a refund?

I do Mary Kay and it's a simple sheet that you ship with the item. You just write the reason why you want to return it and they credit you for it. No problem.

• Ne
      19th of May, 2009

I don't know if this is why i am seeing sudden rash type of things around my skin, yes i was using cheap colognes and now i am afraid that they may be chemical burns as well. how do i tell the difference? and seems like i have too much around my upper body and i am waiting to see a doc soon. Keep us informed.

• Da
      25th of May, 2009

I doubt you have any serious chemical burns. They'll probably heal. Yeah. Cheap colognes are not a good thing. I would check to make sure that the products you buy are noncomedogenic and/or safe for sensitive skin.

Safe for sensitive skin is actually a higher rating (more pure product) than noncomedogenic. All Mary Kay products are safe for sensitive skin. You can also look on the labels of products in the drug store. ;)

• Ca
      9th of Feb, 2011

Not everyone can use every product. For some it is wonderful and not as expensive as some leading high end brands. Do what is good for your skin. The products are made in the USA. Look on the site for product lists and chemical names and see what they do in the product. Over the counter products have no fruits or vegatables and have tons of unpronouncable ingredients. Some science must be put in products. It is what percentage which is harmful. I have a 30 yr. resin manufacturing company, some ingredients are harmful at specific amounts only.