Applebees / seating

Maple Avenue, Zanesville, OH, United States

On December 26, 2015, my husband and I arrived at the restaurant and were informed there were no booths available. We gave our name and told the seater we would be in the bar and were made aware they have no buzzer system to let us know when the booth would be available. However, they assured us they would come to the bar and get us when the booth was available. After about an hour, and after noticing they were seating people in booths that had arrived after us, we asked if they had forgot about us. They said yes and were very sorry but gave us the next available booth. Mistakes happen so we did not make a big deal of this. Then on December 29, 2015 the same thing happened. We asked for a manager who informed us they had come to the bar and could not find us. We were sitting there waiting and the seater never asked us our name. The manager had to ask the bartender who was complaining because the manager never asked us our name. The manager said they were sorry and shared they need a buzzer system. Then again tonight the same thing happened. We asked the bar tender to notify the manager. The manager walked right past us in the bar and was asking people in the reception area and they were shaking their heads no. Then the manager again walked right past us in the bar and never asked the bartender who wanted to talk to her. My husband went to the seater and they were sorry and gave us the next available booth. The manager came to our table twice to ask if the food was good but never once acknowledged our complaint. One time is no big deal. It should not happen twice. I think there is a pattern/trend identified when it happens a third time. Is it because we are over 60 years old? Is it because we went to the bar? Whatever the reason I don't want to go back.

Re