Applebee's - Garden Rd Burlington, NC / racially discriminated!
My husband and I visited this particular establishment Sunday January 7, 2006 around 1pm. Upon entry in the restaurant the hostess asked how many were in our party and we replied 2 non smoking. We were seated and that was it. No one acknowledged that we were sitting at the table for 15 min. My husband was ready to leave after 10 min of waiting and not having anyone help us. But i talked him into waiting another 5. Then a family of 4 comes in and sit at the table beside us. Not only did a waitress come out to greet them. She gave them water and took their orders. Once I saw what was taking place we immediately left. Upon leaving I asked the hostess if I could speak to a manger instead she brings out a business card. My husband and I aren't big Applebee's eaters but we thought it would be nice to go to one since we were out of town visiting family. I am very upset and displeased that something like this can take a place at a restaurant that pledges excellence with diversity. Oh by the way I failed to mention that my husband and I are African Americans and everyone at this particular establishment were Caucasian. I'll make sure that I will make it my business not to patron any of the Applebee's restaurants and I'll make my family and friends in the area be aware of this establishment and or any other establishment for that matter, for fear they will be discriminated against and who wants to put up with that type of behavior in 2007. The only color that should have been of any concern is 'green' which is the color of money.
More Applebee's - Garden Rd Burlington, NC Complaints & Reviews
- Applebees - poor customer service and management! 
- Applebee's - unfairly treated employee 
- Applebees - bad customer service and food! 
- Applebees - unprofessional employee relationship 
- Applebee's - is unable to provide nutritional information! 
- Applebee's Restaurants - products and service
- Applebee's Restaurants - product and service e 
- Applebee's Restaurants - ordered online and had to wait over 45 minutes after I arrived to get my food 
- Applebee's Restaurants - labor rights and unfair treatment 
- Applebee's Restaurants - the food