Applebee's / bad service

United States Review updated:

My wife and I went for our anniversary dinner at Applebee's Medallion Center location over a month ago. When entering a large group was seated before us but the 3 waitresses nearby literally turned their backs and ignored us. Never have I entered a place of business without a greeting or told someone will be right with you. Many minutes later we were finally seated and had a great waiter.

During our meal a manager came by and asked how was everything. I told her about the discourteous staff we initially met. She said that would take care of it. But I don't believe anything was done, as she didn't ever return. The next morning I wrote a long letter to their store and filed an online complaint.

A week later I heard back from Jillian and talked for over 20 minutes about our lack of service. She was very nice and said the situation was addressed and that she would be sending us a gift certificate for a couple free meals as compensation.

Three weeks later we get an Award later for $10. Talk about a fast and effective solution. Hell, I tipped the waiter more then that! What a great way to build a reputation and get repeat business. That is 3 times now that we have been snubbed and insulted for a simple mistake that was uncalled for. The follow up was much worst and only exasperated the situation. Why say you are sorry if you really don't care about a good paying customer?

Bi

Comments

• Va
      9th of Jun, 2008

I had a terrible Applebee's dinner recently in Melbourne FL. the fajitas were burned. The appetizer was served with the main course. We didn't see the waitress again until she was ready to hand us a check for the food. I pointed out the burned meat/onions/peppers, and complained the portions were small. She did nothing about it and naturally I left her the same for a tip. $27 down the drain. I wrote the manager a letter in great detail how the waitress and the food was not at all what is advertised on TV. To date I have not received a response, now going on 3 weeks.

3rd of Jul, 2008

Always refuse to pay for an unsatisfactory experience. They didn't give you what they advertised, so you aren't required to give them what you would have owed them.

• Ke
      11th of Nov, 2008

I wish to express my sincere gratitude to your company for the wonderful idea of extending to our Military Veterans a free meal. I am a seventy-seven year old Korean War Veteran and I was shocked this evening 11/11/08, when our server explained this offer to us. This was at your store No. 206. I fought in a very difficult war and when I came home I was a cast-off. This war has been referred to as the "forgotten war, " and I was totally ashamed by the treatment I received from the people I fought to defend. I, for one, certainly want to thank you for not forgetting the men who fought to defend your right to run your business in a free and democratic country. Your manager and servers at this store certainly are to be commended for their fantastic service and hospitality. Let me close with these remarks:
    To those who died, honor and eternal rest: To those still missing, remembrance and hope: To those who returned, gratitude and peace. God Bless you.
    Ken Baril

• Tr
      19th of Jan, 2011

I think you need to get over yourself, employees are human to, and may have been told to get that large group settled in ASAP, or maybe you stunk? Either way, your not that special...

• Us
      22nd of Jun, 2011

youre 1 of those people who goes into restaurants n finds something to complain about to get a free meal. u disgust everyone n no1 likes u