AOL.com / Fraudulent charges!

My complaint is against aol.com for causing me to be billed $1408.90 to Verizons Communications for using a number given to me by aol. I read the Complaint from October, 2002 about the person suing aol and what they did to me is similar. I moved to Ridgecrest, CA from Las Vegas. NV in August of last year. My computer was set up in September, 2006 and the dial-up number aol gave me then was the one that Verizons billed me for starting in late November and ending when I received my bill December 11, 2006. We called Verizons and they told us that it was aol that we should call aol. We did that every other day for 3 weeks, as each time we spoke to them we were told to call back in two days. We took pictures of all the stuff we got from aol making our case. We had to take digital pix of our screens showing what they had told us because we were not allowed to copy those pages. The computer just wouldn't let it happen. Of course that was aol not letting us copy info that incriminates them. During the 3 weeks we were told by aol several different things. They said first that we were responsible for all numbers given to us by them. Then we were told that it is aol's responsibility to pay the charges caused by a number given by them. But we never got to talk to that person again! We finally got a letter from aol saying that they decided that it was are fault after all. I have paid Verizons but I hope to get reimbursed by aol. One hundred and fifty of the fourteen hundred and eight was my monthly bill so $1258. was for the dial up number. In the October, 02 Complaint they stated that it is believed there are hundreds of thousands of cases where aol gave out numbers that people, like me, who legitimately thought that it was the right number. I have one page where aol states that in the 'rare case that they gave out a number that is charged long distance' aol will reimburse for the charges. We faxed this info to aol on 3 different occasions but aol insisted that I found the number somewhere else. They could check their records and see we have used the same number since we transferred to this number back in September but they started charging as a long distance number in November. If there is a class action suit against aol I would like to be part of that. I am an aol client for about 10 years.

Beware people!

More AOL.com Complaints & Reviews

Comments

• Ro
      23rd of Aug, 2008

I've just about had it with AOL. IT SUCKS ! What's whit all these screens that pop up ? Search and crap ? I never downloaded any of this, BUT, when you call AOL for help, all you get is someone who can't speak or understand ENGLISH ! YES, ENGLISH ! AGAIN... AOL SUCKS !

• Da
    Syracuse
    New York
    Phone: 315 4717070
    aol.com

I have tried to log in for over an hour and it won't let
    me.It asked me to change my e-mail and password
    and still would not let me in.If we cannot solve this
    issue I will not visit your website again.
    Sincerely,
    David F Nelipowitz
    E-mail davidn1953@aol.com

• Da
      27th of Aug, 2009

Please just Fix the problem!!!

• Ca
    Stagecoach
    Texas
    Phone: 281-252-8889
    aol.com

E-mail stated that I had won an AOL.COM Lottery with specific lottery numbers. I will forward email if FBI wants it.