AOL / Terrible scam!

After unsuccessfully trying to cancel my account with AOL customer service I finally decided to cancel my credit card in March on 2007. Since AOL were not able to bill me any longer they began mailing me paper bills which I ignored. Why should I pay for something I don't use or have access to? In July or August on 2007 bills have stopped. In January of 2008 I received a letter from a collection agency that I owe AOL close to $70.00. I sent a reply to collection agency that after 12 years with AOL I have earned the right to cancel my services with them any time I want.

After I canceled my credit card and AOL wasn't able to bill me they shut my account down. The question remains: What are they billing me for? I understand with so many different companies out there that offer free email accounts AOL has lost a lot of subscribers, but that's not my problem. Get with the program and stop ripping people off.

Va

Comments

• Cr
      2nd of Dec, 2008

i just use aol email that is supost yo be totally free and ive only used it for like 3 months then all the sudden today i recieve email saying my account will be shut down unless i redo my billing info . i never gave them that because all i signed up for was email . is this legal?????