AOL — Simply awful
Any other internet company requires you to register the id number on your modem. From t here you can either choose to use their browser or download AOL or Yahoo, etc.
I have been harassed continuously by 4 AOL members. I fear for my life. One of them passed along my name and personal information. Another did a public records search and is broadcasting my personal information, including phone numbers in a public chatroom.
AOL does NOTHING. They may terminate the individual's account, but these psychos can install another AOL account in a number of minutes.. and its ANONYMOUS.
Whereas if you have a way of tracking these indiduals by the IP identification number on their modem, or phone number if they are using dial up service. THESE PSYCHOS WILL NEVER-EVER BE ABLE TO USE AOL AGAIN FROM THAT COMPUTER.
THIS IS THE ONLY WAY TO STOP THESE PREDITORS. PREVENTATIVE, DEFENSIVE TECHNIQUES SUCH AS THIS IS THE ONLY WAY TO STOP CHILD PREDITORS, SEXUAL PREDITORS, PSYCHOLOGICAL PREDITORS-WHATEVER YOU WANT TO CALL THEM.
I did go to the police, because I was getting phone calls in the middle of the night. Other than suggesting I change my phone number there is no other way to stop it.
My address is out there in cyber land. I know who trafficked the information, but NOTHING can be done about it.
LETS START A CLASS ACTION LAW SUIT AND PREVENT THIS FROM HAPPENING TO ANYONE ELSE!
More AOL Complaints & Reviews
- TWX*AOL Service - Unauthorized debit withdrawals! 
- TWX*AOL Service - Wrong billing! 
- TWX*AOL Service - ? what is it 
- TWX*AOL Service - Fraudulently debiting bank account 
- TWX AOL Service - Did not agree to these charges on my acc.! 
- AOL - Change of billing method 
- AOL - Rip off
- AOL Email - Email Hostage
- AOL - Fraudulent charges 
- AOL Canada Incorporated - Unauthorized charges, bogus customer service