Anthem Blue Cross / Stonewalling

1 CA, United States Review updated:

I called to inquire why a recent prescription was not covered. I spent 35 minutes on the first call without an answer. Two days later, I spent 65 minutes on the phone with them, no answer. Today, I received two voicemails, one from "Michael" and another from "Lauren". They both said they had answers for me and to call them at [protected] and [protected], respectively. Both of those phone numbers are disconnected. I called the main line and they were unable and unwilling to connect me to those extensions or people, and said they were unwilling to hear my claim again since it's obviously being taken care of.

A response to another post indicated asking for the "Executive Inquiry Group" is a worthwhile attempt to get answers to questions that you'd otherwise expect to be answered. Will try that next.

Meanwhile, who is paying my bill for 1.9 hours of phone time??

Ry

Comments

Gi
  8th of Oct, 2008

See my post called "High and Dry after years of $$$" This company s*cks! I know exactly what you are feeling. When I called them I had a representative who had OBVIOUSLY been trained to recite to angry customers exactly the reason why their claims were denied. He ran down a list of excuses like "hmmm, let me see, no. not that one... oh, that one could work. Oh but wait, here's a good one: we only pay what is a "usual and customary amount for those services." There you are sir, does this answer your question?"
If anybody out there uses this company, BEWARE BEWARE! You may not be covered as you think you are covered. PLEASE take the time to review their terms, and don't be fooled by their website full of "Happy Smiling People" IT'S A COMPLETE FRAUD.

Gi
  8th of Oct, 2008

See this story about Anthem Blue Cross:
http://www.latimes.com/business/la-fi-insure17apr17, 1, 2675470.story

Do a search on google for "complaints anthem blue cross" Aye Caramba! I am canceling my membrship TODAY!