Anfi inc / Outstanding bill from 1995!

A few days ago i received an outstanding bill from this collection agency called Afni. This bill was from 1995 when i had service with verizon. So i called Afni because this bill did not sound familiar. I talked to this collector named Amber, and she was very polite and she explained that this was a final bill that i had from when i lived in Chicago. the only reason that i did not receive this bill back in 1995 was because i had moved out of the city and i forwarded my mail with the post office but final bills do not get forwarded by the post office so i never knew about the bill. the original amount of the bill was for 302.50 but Afni offered to close the account for 50% off which is 151.25 but i went ahead and paid the full amount with my debit card and yesterday i went on their website and printed a receipt that shows that i paid the full amount. Afni was really helpful in this matter and i am glad that they brought this outstanding bill to my attention.

Comments

• Ju
      11th of Nov, 2007

Final bills do get forwarded by the USPS. All mail gets forwarded.

This is obviously an AFNI employee trying to cover up the their scam.

11th of Nov, 2007

I am not an AFNI employee!!! Just because I want to pay my bills I am a scam artist? I believe the scam artists are all you people who are crying on this ### website because you don't want to pay your bills are the scam artists!!!

• J
      23rd of Feb, 2008

AMEN ON THAT ONE!!!

• Mi
      1st of May, 2008

Got a letter from Anfi too- I'm not delinquent, the person on the phone was not polite and I've disputed the claim. IN fact, when we called, we were almost assaulted through the phone line. We were just concerned that they had the wrong people. Not they they knew- but perhaps thought we moved when we changed addresses. Little did they know I still get mail at the other address. Fake claims that I did not receive repeated bills is a lie. I think that if I owed someone $50 from 7 years ago- they would have complained back then- not waiting until now. This poster sounds fishy-- a bit like someone working for the collection agency. If they were real- they should have asked for proof. I'm betting they are out $111 dollars that they should have kept.

• Do
      1st of Dec, 2008

ANFI is a morge of outdated and most times unnacurate records. They are better known as 'Grave Collectors' and will try to collect from families of the deceased according to many many complaints of record. The best approach with this company is to issue a certified letter stating they are required by law to inform you of the accurate information of any debt within the statute of limititations or to leave you alone. Accord to the Fair Debt Collections Practices act, they have no right to bother you, but will act as if they do. Do NOT admit ANY DEBT to these people, send them a certified letter asking them to prove what they are saying is not beyond the scope of the law and you will be all set.

• De
      18th of Dec, 2008
    Anfi inc - I don't owe money to them
    Afni Inc
    Springfield
    Oregon

I have no Idea who these people are apparently they think I owe them 131.00 from aug 2004? No one from this company has contacted me saying I owe them money! and its in collections still?
    derogatory?