Amtak / amtrak smashed 25kwheelchair & 2.5 k disability scooter
Amtrak is doing nothing but stalling
I have lost at least 2 job ops due to me not having my scooter and wheelchair.
Short compressed version; on or about april 23, 2010
Traveling on amtrak from chicago to la
1) me (brain damaged) and my son (md) and daughter are disabled
2) went to file a complaint about discrimination
3) told I can get on train or file complaint I would not have time to do both (kathy baker supervisor amtrak, the lay over was 3 hours) she smelled of alcohol
4) red caps would not help me with my luggage I must pay 3.75 and move my parcels myself as per k. Baker
5) my disability scooter 2, 500 k and 25k wheel chair were smashed and now amtrak wont repair them. Yes how exactly were they both broken and badly at that
6) a non disabled friend of the conductor was allowed in the disabled car and allowed to drink and use four seat while we were told we must stay in our wheel chairs-he could drink and come and go as we wanted we were afraid to go to the bathroom as we were threatened to be thrown off the train.
I went to many organizations and no one can help.
I took pics, file an insurance claim, file complaints bbb, consumer affairs etc, atrak keeps claim they have sent me claim forms to philly which is great since I live in ca. I again gave them my address and they have fowarded me nothing
More Amtak Complaints & Reviews
- Amtrak - lost luggage - no recourse 
- Axis, Amtrak, Jody - tries to deceive women for 'work', off craigslist, con, liar 
- Amtrak - disrespect 
- Amtrak - refund policy: no rules 
- Amtrak - amtrak communication error is costing the customer
- Amtrak - bad ride, food, service
- Amtrak - customer service
- Amtrak - horrible experience!
- Amtrak - injury by fall 
- Amtrak - place for homeless