Amerigas / Terrible company
I have been a loyal customer of Amerigas for almost 3 years. Yesterday, I came home to find my gas turned off and a note in my door stating that gas tanks were locked because no one was home to sign the lease. I first thought that there was an unpaid balance on my account. When I contacted Amerigas, I was told that there there was $0. balance, but my tanks were locked because there was no signed lease in my records. I was then told that there would be a charge of $109.00 test my gas lines. (A requirement to have the gas turned back on).
After speaking to a 'manager'. I was told that they would waived the fee. However, the earliest that the gas would be unlocked would be Friday between 12-4PM. This I considered unacceptable. Without any notification, Amerigas locked my gas tank because somewhere (as I was informed), someone in one of their departments failed to document the leases, and I am among hundreds of accounts that fell through the cracks. They are in the process of locking any gas tanks without signed leases.
I am now stuck with 200 gallons of gas (fully paid for) that I cannot use until Amerigas comes to unlock the tanks on Friday (4days). If I agree to pay this $109 - surcharge to test my lines, they could have the service restored earlier.
This is unreasonable and I don't understand how a company can get away with penalizing a loyal customer for something that their employees failed to do over 2yrs ago.
More Amerigas Complaints & Reviews
- Amerigas/propane - overcharging the public 
- Amerigas - Customer Relations 
- Amerigas - Incompetence /Fraud 
- Amerigas - LACK OF SERIVCE 
- AmeriGas Propane - Unfair Employment Practices 
- Amerigas - 35 Deg. / 5 days no heat. Gas turned off!!! 
- AmeriGas Propane - american flag
- Amerigas - Screwed up my front lawn 
- Amerigas - illegal tapping off tank 
- Amerigas - Leak Check Charge