Americredit Financial Services / Unlawful fees after I paid off car loan

1 Arlington, TX, United States Review updated:
Phone: 817-524-2942

I purchased a car from Lou Sobh Pontiac in Dec 2005, I paid this car off 2 weeks ago and now they are saying that I still owe them 4800.00 in "fees". They are also calling me 7 or 8 times a day. I had them send me an itemized statement of all of my payments and many, many times they applied hardly any or none of my scheduled payments to the principal of my loan therefor hitting me with this outrageous amount now and applying daily interest charges. I was told by one of their reps that they could charge up to $500.00 per day interest fee and was threatened with"further action", even though she would not say what the action would be, and pressured very hard to make payment arrangements on this amount that I do not owe. She got very frustrated and rude when I would not agree to this and eventually after some arguing, hung up on me. I am in the process of filing complaints with the recommended authorities. I would like very much to bring this company down and stop their unethical business practices. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Ll
      10th of Jan, 2014

Same thing with me - I have $1500 in fees which may be the result of getting behind 2 years in my loan (due to loss of job). However, I got caught up and paid the last 2 1/2 years on time. The only thing I can do is keep making the regular car payment because if I had $1500 in my pocket at any given time, I would not have had to use them to begin with.