America's Servicing Company / Bunch of crooks! Fee to pay mortgage by internet!

After paying a $15.00 phone service fee every month to pay my mortgage because Americas servicing company had no website is bad enough but to add insult to injury the company now has a website and has the nerve to charge $10.00 to use that service as well. Americas servicing company is ran by a bunch of crooks!

Comments

• Fr
      7th of Dec, 2006

How is it possible that a company responsible for handling the money for a person's most valued possession, their home, does not demonstrate the fiduciary fidelity that one would expect??? Simply put: consumer beware - it is in their interest to mishandle the prompt posting of your payments!!!!! They only care about money. They could care less about your home!!!

12th of Dec, 2006

I did not know America's Servicing Company have a website. I am on limited disability income and the $15 fee is outrageous enough. But to charge $10 to use a website has got to be illegal.

I am willing to join any class action suits against America's Servicing Company. This is the first time I have done a search on ASC and was flat out amazed at how many 'sites' popped up. Mostly against this non-American mortgage outfit.

26th of Dec, 2006

I too experience the late posting with ASC. My payments are past the due dates due to mail service sometimes, but still takes almost 2 weeks after mailing for the money to clear my bank. My last payment was late because I had major auto repair bills. I sent in the late fee with a note stating the next payment will be paid on the 3rd of jan. I received a call from ASC on 24 about my payment being late. I explained I'd mailed the late fees with a note stating with the payment will be made. I was informed that the late fees were not received, but the money was withdrawn from my account on the 21st of Dec. Withdrawn by the same entity that submits electronic debits from a paper check. (ASC) The last mo payment was received and electronically withdrawn, using the same description as the late payment. Yet they did not receive the late payment. Something is wrong with this company.

28th of Dec, 2006

I want to say that I have never dealt with anyone the likes of this mortgage company. In July they took it upon themselves to raise my mortgage, they went ahead and paid my homeowners for the next year, when I had been paying it for well over a year on my own. Then In December they said my escrow acct was -$2.000 and that increased my mortgage another $200.00 per month. My mortgage has now gone from $850/month to well over $1,300 and I cant handle it........They sure can get in touch with you when they need to tell you your mortgage is late but, none has the common courtesy to return a phone call......thats customer service?????? pretty sad ):

• Yv
      5th of Jan, 2007

I also agree with all the comments about American servicing company. Our loan was sold to them about a year and half ago, and with making all of our payments on time, they have never posted them to my account until after the due date, thus charging me late fees. I will not them withdraw my payment automatically because I don`t trust them. No other company that I pay online charges fees to do this. American servicing company charges $10.00 to payonline Why?
    I started research on the company and I was amazed to find the same complaints from each and every person posting.

12th of Jan, 2007

These guys are a bunch of crooks . They are a rip off. 10 to pay my mortgage.

15th of Jan, 2007

ASC is the absolute bottom of the lending bucket. Anyone who has anything positive to say about that companies business practices is either a plant or a fool.

• We
      25th of Jan, 2007

Reading over everyone's posting, it is nice to know we are not crazy. My husband and I are real estate investors and have several mortgages. Three of our mortgages were sold to ASC and it has been a nightmare ever since. Along with the harassing phone calls, (reminding me before the due date) that my payment was due, (mind you with three accounts we got triple the phone calls. We have two mortgage payments that are similar to the cents, different only by .10. Two payments were applied to one account mistakenly and one account showed past due, I was assured by an attendant that it would be corrected right away. Months later, after they threatened to repossess my house etc, and reported to my credit report, I finally had to pay an additional payment. They fixed my credit report, but I still have an account that is paid a month in advance. They refuse to refund that amount, saying if it's paid a month ahead I have them automatically draft my account because I am terrified I will fall into their nightmare web of customer (non)service.

31st of Jan, 2007

I totally agree! My mortgage was sold to these people also. They are always taking forever to cash the checks then want to charge a late fee, and I am fighting with them cuz they messed up my credit and have numerous times applied the payments incorrectly causing my balances to be all over the place, from the escrow to the principal. I will join all suits against these people and I hope that for our sakes, they get closed down. I had perfect credit. These people are a disgrace. PLEASE SOMEONE SHUT THEM DOWN!!!!

• Ji
      31st of Jan, 2007

I've never had any problem with ASC. I really don't like them, other accounts I have are much easier to deal with. I use the automatic deduction from my checking account and they are very good with that. I have never had one problem with a payment being posted. About charging $10 to use an online payment...I don't know if this is true. As of last month my account still was not available to be accessed online. A company who handles so much money should be able to set up an online service. Or I should be able to choose my mortgage not being sold to a company that does not have this 'standard' service.

Really though, ten extra dollars is nothing compared to the mortgage balance. If this method were reliable I would just pay the ten dollars and be happy to know my payment will be posted in a timely manner.

• Jg
      31st of Jan, 2007

Nothing but problems with these bozos! They keep saying my payments are late when I send them on time. The only way I can get them posted on time is to mail them Fed x or registered mail, return receipt. That way I KNOW they got the payment and exactly when they got it and who got it. No excuses for them. However, they also said my taxes weren't paid and set up a $2000 escrow increasing my payments by double, despite the fact that I sent them a copy of the tax receipt. I don't know how they manage to stay in business. I used to work for a mortgage company and know the original lender - I'm going to have a chat with them about selling paper to ASC!

• Tn
      6th of Feb, 2007

Just put a strap on it and pay it on time and you will not need to pay the fee for the online payment option. Remember its a courtesy they offer you that option. They don't have to....per your note, all they have to do is offer your a mailing address... so grow up!

9th of Feb, 2007

My mortgage was also sold to America's Servicing Company. This company is the worst company I have ever dealt with. They should not have the word "America" as there name. They don't deserve to call themselves America's Company. They are full of crap.

15th of Feb, 2007

Unfortunately the complaints are valid.

• Fe
      16th of Feb, 2007

I make my payments online thru my bank every time so that it would go faster. They say that it's still late for some reason. They have got to be doing something dirty just to make more money. I've already had a bad feeling about this company. I came through this website when I was searching for their website. Didn't know that this company got so many complaints. I will be checking them out in the BBB (Better Business Bureau). We're going to be refinancing soon and we won't be coming back to this company most definitely! What goes around comes around!

• Da
      25th of Feb, 2007

I just don't like this company thou i have had no real big problem with them it seems as if they start to call you for there payment the day it is due and not just once to give you a reminder but three four times i have had to adjust the day i make my payments to ten day before the due date i would hate to really be behind in my payments I'd bit they would start to take body parts.

1st of Mar, 2007

I also have had my mortgage sold to America's Servicing Company and am very disappointed. I mail out my payments ON TIME....and somehow every month when I call to see why my payment hasn't cleared yet, they say they haven't received it and they can look for it. I started sending it out 2 day Priority Mail and when I call 2 or 3 days later to see if they received it, THEY STILL DIDNT HAVE IT! Which, they should have received it by then. I haven't gotten any late fees yet, but it is still confusing as to why it takes so long for them to post your payment. Oh, I know why...so they can add more interest to you loan!

• Sh
      3rd of Mar, 2007

I too did not select ASC as my mortgage holder... my mortgage was sold to them... although as of yet I haven't experienced any problems with my payment posting... I do agree that in this day and age...it is a disgrace that they charge to make a payment online... so, I continue to do it the old-fashioned way... because they get enough of my money already!.... it seems that most of the bills I have, prefer online payments. It just doesn't make sense to me.

• Sh
      5th of Mar, 2007

I am a little behind on my payments. My husband has had a light stroke and heart attack. I sent them a check to try and get caught up. I wrote a note with it and ask them to hold it until march 3rd and even dated it march 3rd. And they went ahead and sent it to my bank. Now it has caused it to be over drawn. I have ask and ask them to work with me on this and they refuse.

• De
      5th of Mar, 2007

OH MY GOSH!!! This has to be the worst case of fraud I can imagine. ASC has given me such a headache (literally I get a migraine having to deal with them) They have held my check. Said I owe taxes that have been paid. I cant access my account on line. They charge an outrageous $15.00 "just in time fee" when you make a payment over the phone...just in time what the heck are they talking about...they charge it even if you pay early. I have started paying over the phone because when I mail a check they claim They dont have it..B.S. is all I have to say about that. "I HATE this company. I wish my loan was never sold to them and I would love to be involved in the class action law suit that should happen for these crooks. I actually pray for this company to have to pay back all of the people they rip off every day.