Americas Home Place / Rip off

1 United States

This company takes the term "shoddy builder" to another level. We had a home built by them back in 1999 in south Alabama (they no longer have a office in Alabama). From the start, there was one problem after another. I was out of pocket several thousand dollars for things that are usually included in the constrcution costs by other builders. The construction quality of the home is shoddy ... very shoddy. From day one we had warped walls, crooked baseboards, poorly installed vinyl siding (it's crooked), nails backing out of the ceiling, creaking floors - and much more. Some of my warranty issues were never resolved. They were slow about fixing the few items that they did fix ; it was like they were delaying as long as they could so that the warranty would expire. They charge rediculous prices for add ons ... like 10K for a driveway ; 10K for a skimpy back porch. If you're looking for a home builder, STAY AWAY from these people. I truly regret doing busness with them. And since I signed the papers (which I was pushed/rushed into before construction was complete), I'm now stuck in a piece of c%#p of a home with no legal recourse. This company should be forced out of business and forced to reimburse - or pay off the motgages of all of the cliets that they've wronged.

Gi