American Signature Furniture / Poor quality/Poor service

1 Brandon, FL, United States Review updated:

Do not buy anything from American Signature Furniture stores. They do not care about their customers. Do not believe anything they tell you because it is all lies. They make you pay for service policies that they will not honor. We purchased black leather theater seating in N ovember 2007. We also brought a leather protection policy at the time of purchase. We were told that the protection policy would take care of all rips, tears etc as long as it was not intentional. When it was first delivered one of the chairs had a grinding sound. We were told that was normal because it was new and it would work itself out. Well it never did and they did replace that piece. Now the chair is rubbing the leather off in the back. We went to the store in Brandon, Florida where it purchased. They said they would send out a technician. I got a voice mail that the tech reported it was normal wear and tear (which it was not because it is on the back of the chair where no one or anything touches it.) Now they are telling us that they have discontinued the furniture. We called back and no one ever called us back for about a month. So we had to return to the store to voice our concern. We were told that they would call us back on Tuesday which they did not. I called back on Wednesday and was put on hold for over twenty minutes. I called again and customer service never picked up the telephone. We are still waiting.

Comments

20th of Feb, 2014

I purchased furniture July 19, 2010 from American Signature Furniture in Morrow, Georgia. The dinning room table required servicing upon delivery.
    since then I have made numerous requests for service. The stain, pigment, coloring, whatever you want to call is so weak that your fingernail will remove it. I live alone, no children, very few visitors...only me and I am careful not to touch it for fear i will do further damage. The worst part of this is that I am still paying for this junk because of a catastrophic Illness i couldn't meet the terms to avoid the extreme compounded interest as I had hoped...I hate it, but I'm still making payments. I'm sure this junk will be thrown out long before its paid for. I had an occasion to visit the store and to my surprise the original sells person is now the store manager. I spoke to him about my problem and he assure me that he would take steps to correct it. That was several months and no one done a thing. Oh I might add...Its still under their warranty which isn't worth the paper its written on. I agree with other comments made in this forum...I was deceived, lied to and now I'm just plain aggravated! I would admonish everyone to be careful and look at whatever you plan to buy from AMERICAN SIGNATURE FURNITURE with a magnifying glass. As I said, I'm stuck with junk.
    Sincerely,