American Laser Centers / How can anyone continue to run a business like this

I clicked on an advertisement on facebook and within 1 hour someone called me to book an appointment. They said that if I booked an appointment within 2 days I would get $300 off any procedure I had done. I went to the appointment just thinking I would listen to what they had to say and maybe purchase 1 small procedure. I feel that I was preasured by pushy sales tactics and I ended up agreeing to a package deal of 5 different area's for $3500. Each area would require multiple visits. The lady talked me into receiving the first treatment on 1 area that day...after all it would only take a few minutes! The next day I called to see if I could revise my "package deal" and receive a partial refund. I realized that I would still have to pay for the area I started. I was told that would not be able to recieve ANY refund because it was all purchased as a package deal. Not only that but the first treatment I received was VERY painful, not at all what they described! I am extremely unhappy and would not recommend American Laser Centers to anyone! How can anyone continue to run a business like this...extremely poor customer service. Buyer, beware of what you sign!

Comments

• Re
      5th of Oct, 2012

I am a former American Laser employee and I have never before or since worked for such an awful, unethical company. They will lie to your face if there is money to be made. The laser hair removal is only effective for people with LIGHT skin and DARK hair. It does not work on blond or white hair AT ALL but they will look you in the eye and tell you it will but that "it might take longer." If longer equals never, then they are telling the truth. Also, if your skin is any darker than Snow White's, it will be a long and painful process with no guarantee of success. The other treatments they offer - microdermabrasion, foto facials, etc can work in some circumstances if the techinician knows what they are doing. But it is all extremely overpriced. The employees do receive a base pay, but the majority of their salary is commission based - but to even be eligible to get the commission, they have to sell a certain amount first and if you can't make that minimum amount then Lord help you, they are not happy. Especially the manager, because she can't get her commission unless all the sales people meet theirs. Bottom line - it's a horrible company all around, and the turn over there is unbelievable.