American Laser Centers / Fraud and cheating

United States Review updated:
4.15

I attended a bridal event with a friend who was getting married & we both wound up "winning" a $300 coupon from American Laser. Once you go in they overwhelm you with information and get you to sign up for services that don't work (my friend got the hair removal package for the face & I went for foto facials). They are not trained professionals, their staff are not dermatologists & my skin developed MORE problems because of the extreme sensitivity to light that occurred after I started. I was told that I should be wearing factor 50 on my face... AFTER I received serious sun damage. I am locked into a package I do not want and what they offer you is cheaper and safer elsewhere. DON'T do it.
Va

Comments

Dr
  2nd of Apr, 2009
I won a gift certificate at a Bridal show too. They called for a free consultation. The tech was almost 1 hour late and did not even apologize. I agree customer service was horrible. The tech tried to tell me that I needed to go see a hormone specialist. I did not tell her that I am a doctor myself but I asked her how she knows I need to seek out hormonal therapy and she stated because she doesn't think my hair grows evenly". I asked her what amount of schooling she has attended and she stated she was trained on the job and this was her third month. I told her she should not be giving out medical advice without appropriate training and she got upset with me and refused to finish the treatment session. I spoke with the clinic manager regarding the situation and the clinic manager, spoke with her and she agreed to finish but I requested another tech at this point and since none were available, they said they would do that area of my body over next time.
After this, I could not get them to schedule me or call me back for 3 months. Finally, I spoke with the woman who signed my friend and I up and she scheduled me. I drove in 4 hours away and they called to tell me (less than 24 hour notice) that they closed the clinic this day. I switched to a different clinic and explained what happened and stated I have been trying to get scheduled for 3 months and they assured me they would help. Now on top of everything, they just called me today (less than 24 hur notice) and stated they can not see me tomorrow due to the only tech having "personal issues". After reading all of these complaints, I feel I have been scammed. Does anyone know how we can get our money refunded?

American Laser Skincare Logo American Laser Skincare