American Home Shield / ductwork

LOUISVILLE KY, US

My main was made from wood and was deteriorating and had gaps and holes, I contacted Blacburn and Davis Inc. and had them give me an estimate to repair it. They built a new main for me, but afterwards I found out that it was covered by AHS. I called AHS and they sent out Avalanche Air LLC. They came out and looked at it but told the warranty company that the entire furnace had to come out prior to replacing the main. This was not what I was told to me by Blackburn and Davis. After Avalanche Air made call to AHS, an AHS representative contacted me and informed me that I have to have the furnace removed before they can do the work, and they will charge me $500 to remove the unit, they would use the piece that Blackburn and Davis built as a replacement and then replace the furnace. I spent $100 for them to tell me a lie. I had Blackburn and davis complete the work. The furnace did not have to come out at all, the labor and materials cost me $490 not including the $100 dollars for AHS to send out the Greedy company that didn't know what they were talking about. I reviewed Avalanche air on BBB site and their company is nowhere to be found. Blackburn and davis has quality ratings and did an outstanding job. Thanks AHS for hiring non professionals who don't know what they're talking about and just want the $$$$. and to the Customer Service Representatige Tierra who refused to give her last name or which call center she was in, thanks for keeping me on hold for over an hour to speak to a manager.

La