American Home Shield / bad service, devious practices
I called American Home Shield (home warranty) about a plumbing leak. I called and explained to the CS rep that the leak was within feet of the water meter. My explanation would have made it clear that this was well away from the house, not IN the foundation, as I explained that this had happened before when someone drove over the water line, but that no one had done so since. The explanation was thorough and extensive. I explained that I would not be here, and did not need to, as it was not IN the house. The service request was logged, and I received an email to that affect.
When I got home Monday, the plumber had, indeed come out, and had collected the $60 check I left, but never turned a spade of dirt. Nor did they offer any note or call of explanation, although they had my cell number, as we had talked twice that morning. I came home to find a voice mail on my home phone from AHS advising me to call them, but with no word of explanation. This was after 6:30 pm. When I called, I got the excuse that this was not covered because it was NOT in or near the foundation. Clearly, it was not, and I had made that very clear with the call, but no one mentioned this was going to be a problem. I had given them my cell number, expecting that a LOGICAL person would know that at 11:30 am would find most of us at work.
So, I am out $60, still have no water, it is going to be icy tomorrow, and I still have to get a plumber out to fix my leak. The plumbing company that DID come out missed an opportunity by not calling me as well, as I would have simply contracted with them directly to have it fixed right then. But the CS rep said they could not do that. I doubt that, as it has happened before.
I went online to see how the request was submitted and phrased, but soon discovered that there is no longer any place on their website to see what calls have been made, their status, or any call history. What are they trying to hide? I can guess.
I will be cancelling this "service". I can use that $500/year elsewhere. These people are dangerous and should be stopped. WATCH OUT, HOMEOWNERS. AHS IS NOT YOUR FRIEND !!
More American Home Shield Complaints & Reviews
- American Home Shield - the truth about ahs 
- AHS Home Warranty Company - don't trust them 
- American Home Shield (AHS) - unable to cancel the policy 
- American Home Shield - rip off 
- American Home Shield - beware 
- American Home Shield Corporation [AHS] - bad customer service and charged for something that was dianosed wrong
- American Home Shield Corporation [AHS] - cancellation of policy is impossible
- American Home Shield Corporation [AHS] - sewer stoppage
- American Home Shield Corporation [AHS] - refrigerator
- American Home Shield Corporation [AHS] - service issue