American Home Shield (AHS) / incompetent contractors
This summer I called AHS to place a services call for A/C repair. The unit was leaking. This is the cover letter sent to Mr. Crawford, head of AHS. I had sent pictures and a 13 page detailed report of how 3 contractors could not diagnose the leaking drain pan and how after 4 weeks and 100 degree temps needed to find my own contractor. AHS would not reimburse me the $425 for the repair.
The lack of customer service afforded to me by their reimbursement department and a declined response letter was very disappointing. They pay mostly substandard contractors a fixed rate and when the repair is more than the fixed rate these subs do the very least or nothing at all. i suggest all readers to find another company.
Dear Mr. Crawford:
Following this letter is another correspondence I sent to your AHS Reimbursement request department a few weeks ago. I received a call from the Reimbursement call center on 6/9. I have to say the scripted response and lack of customer mediation to the request could only point to absolute focus on bottom line numbers and mirrors the many negative postings on various Internet sites.
As you read the below, I can not believe 4 weeks of time and 3 A/C vendors could not diagnose a problem and correct a condensation tray leak issue. In Phoenix, where it is 100 degrees, A/C repair is vital, especially in a rental unit. I had no choice; even after a second call escalation, to hire my own company for resolution. All indications point to the prior 3 A/C contractors being able to correct the issue. These contractors most likely evaluated the flat rate they would receive as less than the cost of the repair. That should not be my issue as I have been a customer for many years.
I am contacting you to escalate resolution of the documented complaint and as such am requesting your approval for reimbursement of the following:
1. Reimbursement of $425 and,
2. The waiving of two of the service fees for these three vendors. One contractor, [name withheld] found that the unit needed Freon and that was addressed, however the original leak problem still persisted.
More American Home Shield (AHS) Complaints & Reviews
- American home shield - the truth about ahs 
- AHS Home Warranty Company - don't trust them 
- American Home Shield (AHS) - unable to cancel the policy 
- American home shield - rip off 
- American home shield - beware 
- American Home Shield Corporation [AHS] - air conditioning
- American Home Shield Corporation [AHS] - a/c repair
- American Home Shield Corporation [AHS] - air conditioning/ long waits for calls/ can't get to a manager for help
- American Home Shield Corporation [AHS] - plumbing leak
- American Home Shield Corporation [AHS] - air conditioner not working properly