American Freight Furniture / bad product, no refund

United States, Michigan, Grand Rapids Review updated:
American Freight Furniture
Grand Rapids
I went in to buy a bedroom set. I had seen the commericals and decided to give it a try. This was my first time buying furniture. This was a huge mistake. They said they wouldn't get the furniture in until the next week, it took a while but we did get the furniture. However, they did not have the right dresser and were suppose to bring it back. Never happened, I wasn't happy with the furniture I received, there were knicks and scraps. When I called and said I wanted my money back they said they do not refund and gave me some stupid "zero to hero" policy about waiting 30 days for new furniture. After I decided to keep it they came back only to pick the furniture back up! Two weeks later and I still haven't received the dresser, they even went as far as to tell my mother they had one in stock and were going to look it over before they sent it. So, they finally send one and its their FLOOR MODEL! It's a piece of crap, dented and knicked, and didn't even send the hardware to attach the mirror with it. The delivery people then said to wait 30 days until they could bring a new dresser and take back the floor model. I am so upset with the company and quality that I have received, I knew I wasn't getting perfect furniture but I expected something more then this. Now, I have to try to figure out how to get my money back, I can't seem to find a number to corporate and the sales people and managers at the store are worthless. I will NEVER recommend this store to ANYONE, it really is a shame that they are okay with taking money from someone and not delivering a quality product.

A  20th of Aug, 2011 by
Bought a queen sized mattress from them that they said would take 5 to 7 days to get, the called me up 2 weeks later and said it was in and i could pick it up. got rid of my old mattress and box spring that day before picking the new one up and was told that they didn't have the queen after all, that "inventory, " said they had the queen but no one checked to make sure. Customer service is nothing, its like dealing with a man selling watches or DVD's behind an abandon building with how they do business. They gave me a partial refund and i had to take a full size instead, still haven't seen that refund come through on my card yet though... bottom line, this is one of those times you get what you pay for... got a better deal and better furniture by going to the Local Salvation army, and it was even cheaper, and had better customer service than the two idiots that were running AMERICAN FREIGHT!!!

American Freight Logo American Freight