American Express Platinum Card / poor service
Excited at first to acquire the AMEX Platinum Card despite the $400/yr fee. All kinds of promised perks for having the card, which never materialized as portrayed. 1) Tried to use the companion travel benefit and within a month, the program abruptly "ended"., 2) Platinum travel benefits include airline lounge access - tried using it 3 different times in clubs they said were applicable and was denied. Was told by airline clubs that the website is incorrect., 3) Never missed a payment and have good credit but received a letter without any notice that they were restricting "sign and travel" benefit based on credit ??? - Just called them and canceled The Card. Far more trouble than what it was worth.
More American Express Platinum Card Complaints & Reviews
- American Express - canceled card with no notice 
- American Express - debt collection 
- American Express - interest rate increase 
- Your Centurion Card - fraud 
- American Express - penalty for paying bill early 
- American Express - Discrimination 
- American Express Travel Related Services Company - expired gift certificates
- American Express Travel Related Services Company - perfect credit/25 year member amex cancelled
- American Express Travel Related Services Company - my card 
- American Express Travel Related Services Company - customer service, zero help!