American Express / hardship blue card
Due to a surgical injury I was forced downsize and eventually close my business leaving an upaid balance of 36, 000 on a blue american express card which had a limit of 45, 000 at 8.9%. I wrote American Express CEO and SVP North America after 7 phone calls asking them to accept half the monthly payment at the same interest rate until I could settle my medical malpractice case. I lost $300, 000 in savings, RE that had to be sold but paid all my bills on time. Finally In January of 2007 I was forced to accept PA welfare to handle my medical bills, food and try to live on $204.00 a month. I provided AMEX with details of the filed lawsuit being handled by one of Philadelphia finest malpractice law firms, documentation from PA welfare. There is no hardship plan whatsoever, they insisted that I pay the $850.00 a month or made it clear I would have my 750 credit score ruined. I should add that I have continued to pay the gold card which as a very small balance. And I have been an AMEX customer since 1974 while still in college.
I pointed out that had I simply pulled out the remaining 10k on my credit line, put in the bank and paid the min. due no one would have cared. I did not ask for 'deal' but even the best prepared people with gold cards and assets are not immune to unforseen medical accidents. Beware of Mr. Axelrod, he has no soul and frankly gives the impression he could care less. Everyone of the rank and file was sure they would help me after 34 years and proof from the state of PA and my lawyers. NOPE.
I would like to use the internet to find others who have worked their entire lives to have their futures destroyed by AMEX .. I only asked for six months of help.
Why dont we all pitch in to buy a full page ad in the NYTtimes addressed to the stock holders of AMEX and the CEO. Your thoughts?
More American Express Complaints & Reviews
- American Express - canceled card with no notice 
- American Express - debt collection 
- American Express - interest rate increase 
- Your Centurion Card - fraud 
- American Express - penalty for paying bill early 
- American Express Travel Related Services Company - my card 
- American Express Travel Related Services Company - customer service, zero help! 
- American Express - credit card/ my account was closed without my permission
- American Express Travel Related Services Company - american express - car hire mileage [ref: 180222-004261]
- American Express Travel Related Services Company - trip id: 2471-8267; return flight