American Express Mariner Club / travel agent issues unresolved
Great cruise but regrettable experience with the travel agent:
AMERICAN EXPRESS MARINER CLUB handled the arrangements poorly (I wound up correcting several things myself), failed to make a payment until I called them, and other matters.
The last insult was a discount of $1000+ which was to have been credited BACK to my credit card after I had made FULL payment for the cruise. Never happened.
The final payment was made in August 2007 . . . I've been trying to resolve this since the cruise was finished in December 2007. Sent American Express copies of all their OWN correspondence documenting the promise of the credit. Made it to the supervisory level where I've been stonewalled for months.
Tried the Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services. From their letter: "Unfortunately, the business has refused to cooperate . . ."
So, I consider myself defrauded, but the value does not justify cross-continent travel to file a small claims lawsuit.
More American Express Mariner Club Complaints & Reviews
- American Express - canceled card with no notice 
- American Express - debt collection 
- American Express - interest rate increase 
- Your Centurion Card - fraud 
- American Express - penalty for paying bill early 
- American Express Travel Related Services Company - my card 
- American Express Travel Related Services Company - customer service, zero help! 
- American Express - credit card/ my account was closed without my permission
- American Express Travel Related Services Company - american express - car hire mileage [ref: 180222-004261]
- American Express Travel Related Services Company - trip id: 2471-8267; return flight