American Education Servicesharassment

My husband co-signed for a loan for our son with AES. My son has moved out of state but continues to make payments. Unfortunately, he is about 10 days late every month. His payment is less that $45/month.

AES calls my husband up to 4 times a day, emails him at work, calls our home 2 or 3 times a day and they are extremely rude and threatening. We don't even answer our home phone anymore because of this.

We have always paid our bills on time and have good credit ratings. I wish we could do something about this and stop this harassment.

Thanks

Bb

Comments

• St
      Mar 31, 2010

They've been harassing me for almost 2 years and I DON'T HAVE A LOAN WITH THEM! I never have and believe me, I never will. Yet I've recieved hundreds of harrassing calls to my cell phone trying to reach someone named "Frank" who was listed as a reference for another name.

I've repeated told them that I'm not Frank, I don't know anyone named Frank or the other person's name, and they have a wrong number. They just keep calling and calling. They call very early in the morning, very late at night - and the won't believe me when I say they have the wrong number. I let the calls go to voice mail and try to get the info to call back. (oh - don't bother calling them early in the morning or late at night - they won't answer!)

The voice mail were always static-y so I couldn't get all the reference numbers and details before. Finally, last night a clear message - I called today and when I tried, very nicely to explain they were calling the wrong number, the rep "Abraham" hung up on me. I called back and demanded to speak to a supervisor. I told her if she couldn’t stop the calls, I would report the company to the Do Not Call List authorities (it’s a fed agency).

Get This: She said when they have a person’s name but a bad number, they find similar names and use those people's numbers to try track the own the person they want. I told her it’s not likely that’s how they got my number because my number is unlisted, a cell phone, and it’s on the national and state do not call lists. I don’t know either of the people in the voice mail and my name isn’t remotely like either of the names given on the voice mail. She promised to take my number off the account and stop the calls.

As soon as I threatened to report them, she was much more cooperative. Kind of makes me wonder – randomly calling people who have a similar name can’t be legal if that number is on the Do Not Call lists. Since I've never done business with them or provided my information to them, they can't "randomly" call me. That violates the Do Not Call List rules. If I get so much as one call after today, I will report them.

Kind of funny – I was somewhere recently and my cell was vibrating. The person I was talking to asked if I needed to answer it and I said no – I know the number and it’s just another “Frank” call. They laughed and said don’t you mean a “prank” call? So I had to explain about my “Frank” calls.

• Ae
      Aug 30, 2011

email me at [protected]@yahoo.com

• Co
      Feb 02, 2019

My husband co-signed on a loan for our daughter with American Education Services. She graduated from college in 2011. If you are one day later, they begin with the harassing phone calls and threats. If it is only day late they will tack on a late charge. They are a bunch of marauding creeps. Wonder how much they get paid to harass the crap out of people?? Her loan is not due until the 3rd of every month, and we got a phone call from these jerks yesterday 2/1 asking when the payment will be made. When is Trump going to do something about the student loan crisis in this country?? Instead of the division and the catfights in Washington, when are they going to do something about this?? So sick of it all. And by the way, I am going to report them to the BBB and DOE for their harassing strong arm tactics.