American Airlines / reservation change
May 1, 2017, My wife purchased two tickets to Dallas, Texas for my daughter's wedding. "record locater: GVQWNU" She could have sworn she did it right, but, when we got our confirmation on June 12, 2017 through an email, it showed that we were leaving on Oct. 6, 2017 and we're to come home on Oct. 9, 2017. But we were suppose to come home on the 8th because of employment on Oct.9. So, my wife called American Airlines and was told it would cost her an extra $400.00 to change the ticket, even though there are seats available on the 8th on the same plane! The rep. said that are tickets are "voluntary change fee" and restricted fares with charges for changes! So, I sent an email to customer relations at their website to plead my case and I received email back from a Charlene Martinez from Reservations that stated the same talking points with no give or take! I didn't "volunteer anything. The cost of the wedding is enough never mind the $400.00 fee or missing a day of work!. I think they make enough money, especially through baggage fees. I/we will never fly AA again unless this fee is waved! Also anyone I know, will know!
Updated by JWiesner, Jun 15, 2017
I would like to say the whole issue has been resolved and I do not have to pay the fee! Thank You, ComplaintsBoard.com!! You can go ahead and remove my complaint! American Airlines was very helpful!
More American Airlines Complaints & Reviews
- American Airlines - baggage mishap 
- American Airlines - unaccompanied minor policy/ children left alone! 
- American Airlines - lack of legroom, seating options 
- American Airlines - employee abuse 
- American Airlines - missing or stolen luggage 
- American Airlines - stolen items
- American Airlines - very unprofessional!!!
- American Airlines - no respect for its customers 
- American Airlines - overbilling
- American Airlines - awful service