American Airlines / voucher policy
I am writing to seek assistance in replacing a voucher for a cancelled plane ticket from American Airlines; the voucher was destroyed in a fire.
I purchased two tickets from American Airlines in the amount of $1228 per ticket for a trip to France. In July 2007, I canceled the trip due to a family member's illness and was told I would get paper vouchers for each ticket, minus $200 per ticket in a penalty/cancellation fee. I received the paper vouchers in the mail--one in my name and one in the name of my fiance, Ali Behbahani, for whom I had purchased one of the tickets.
Ali's voucher was destroyed when the apartment building in which we lived caught fire on October 1, 2007. The apartment did not burn, but over five feet of water flooded the apartment, so everything made of paper was destroyed and the building itself was condemned. My voucher was in my office at work, so it was not destroyed.
Ali wrote to American Airlines to seek a replacement voucher and was denied the voucher; he emailed a follow up but was denied again. The airline states that vouchers will not be replaced if lost or stolen. However, our voucher was not lost or stolen; rather, it was destroyed through a terrible accident, which, needless to say, caused additional financial suffering in addition to the loss of the $1028 plane ticket voucher. I would greatly appreciate assistance in seeking a replacement voucher. American Airline's policy seems unfair.
More American Airlines Complaints & Reviews
- American Airlines - baggage mishap 
- American Airlines - unaccompanied minor policy/ children left alone! 
- American Airlines - lack of legroom, seating options 
- American Airlines - employee abuse 
- American Airlines - missing or stolen luggage 
- American Airlines - spent $2,349.00 on international flights for three and had no light!
- American Airlines - flight cancellation
- American Airlines - paying over 800.00 for two airline tickets to milwaukee wisconsin only to be bussed
- American Airlines - flight attendant 
- American Airlines - cancellation of flights