American Airlineschange fees for aa record bjdqae

I purchased round trip airline tickets in September to travel on Dec 26-31 from DCA to MSY. There was a recent death in the family, not immediate family for me, but my mother's sister whose funeral will be in Louisiana on Dec 22. My wish to attend this funeral with my children is the reason for this change. I was given extensive explanations twice by your staff on your for-profit policies. With the changes made, I am paying for these tickets twice. My initial expense was $889.20. The changes added 276.10 per ticket and this includes the $200 per ticket change fee, for a total of an additional $828.30.See the Top 10 Worst Companies in Woodbridge, VA Please don't tell me again that I signed up for this when I purchased the tickets. I rarely change travel plans, but this is a special circumstance. I understand that some fees will be incurred, but $200 to change is outrageous. The final straw was the email I received from American Airlines the day after I made these changes. That email is offering round trip fare to the exact locations and dates that I paid the fees for the day before. I know AA is for profit. I work for non-profit. Clearly, people's situation matter more to me than you. A little consideration on your part would be greatly appreciated and might improve your reputation. Everyone I know speaks very poorly about all airlines in the US.

Je