American Airlines / awful customer service

United States Review updated:

I had a flight on american airlines going through miami to dallas and aa failed to look at the time between these flights, because of the time for customs and security there was no way for me to make my flight. The counter person told me it was my fault for not checking all the way to seattle. Which I did not know about. I made it from miami on a flight that landed at 9:05 to connect with a flight that left at 9:00. The counter person told me that sometimes the flights are delayed and I might make it. Well I arrived at the gate at 8:53 and the plane had already pulled away from the gate. Aa new my plane made it to dallas at 8:40 and that I was on the flight. Aa decided to send the flight out early anyway. Because of aa I had to spend the night in dfw. The service manager would not even offer to put me up in a room for the night.

Mu

Comments

• Ai
      11th of Feb, 2010

They should have rebooked you and paid for a hotel... assuming everything was on one ticket. But if you purchased separate tickets for each flight, then you are on your own and they are not responsible - regardless if the flights are on the same airline.

If you purchased ONE ticket with all the flights, then you will need to contact AA and demand compensation for a missed flight and all the expenses you incurred while you were overnighting in Dallas.